End of boating season?

PANDA

Reaction score
Well it is getting colder and I can smell snowmobile season. My waverunner and powerquest have been already taken out of the water over the weekend. Just trying to be proactive as I have a pretty busy October on the weekends. Its getting cold for the waverunner and my powerquest doesent like the current water situation. They both been in the river since mid April so I aight even mad. Toon will probably stay in the water till Novmber like last season. Id love todo the "winter toon" thing but that boat isnt right for it. Big boat downtown is coming out October 15th since Chicago Harbors want to shut off the water before the Harbors close on October 31st.

What is everyone elses plans?

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm going to winterize the powerplay soon, and leave the toon in till November

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll prob shoot for the second weekend of October to be my last weekend. just need a little bit of leeway to plan shit out for winterization and such

PANDA

Reaction score
I just hate cleaning and winterizing when its cold as fuck out. Id love it I could just pull these into a garage and be done. NOPE

jason05gt

Reaction score
GPR is coming out this weekend. It's getting too cold. Boat comes out 10/14. I'll probably use it a few more times depending on weather.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
Winterizing our stuff next weekend. Sucks but it just means $now is coming.

P40E

Reaction score
I should be hitting Delavan hopefully next week :pimp: . Also might try the launch at Williams bay on lake Geneva .

PANDA

Reaction score
ALOT of boats on the river yesterday.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
went out on the chain Saturday. Forecast at 8am when I woke up: no rain. forecast an hour into the ride: 35% chance from 11-1. forecast when I get there: 75% chance from 11-3, weather the whole day: rain rain rain. Just drove around for a bit trying to catch the river shiver boats but didn't know where they were at. Anchored in petit a few hours and hiked it back around 4. Sunday I was on the big lake.

PANDA

Reaction score
Gonna be "warm" this weekend. Might be a good weekend to winterize (or keep boating)

:nutz:

jason05gt

Reaction score

I want to start it once more to get all of the water out, but all I need to do is fog the cylinders and take out the battery. It needs a good coat of wax too, but I'll do that in the Spring.

CobraSki03

Reaction score

Season is over..... will be having some upholstery work done over the winter. Been a great year, still wasn't able to schedule the TCG water meet

PANDA

Reaction score

Called it a early end of season downtown. Harbor shuts down the water and bathrooms early on October 15th every year. Its been in the water since April 22nd so I am not even mad.

Transporter picked boat up from 31st Friday evening and now she sits in winter storage.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I need to call the harbor still to yank mine out. After everything I went through this year, I'm going to pay to have it winterized. $180 including fluids. I have some recourse with insurance should there be any issues, holding a receipt that I paid a professional to handle it.

donezo for the year though. I'm going to wait a little bit to have it shrink wrapped. I want to yank all the upholstery off of the boat to re-do this winter.

CobraSki03

Reaction score

After a lot of back and forth I have decided to keep my boat. Not wanting to get back into a loan and boat prices seem to be insane. She runs hard but with 17yrs on her now the interior needs some attention. So I have decided to start removing some pieces and will start from swim pad and work my way to the front. I am going to remove the yellow from the color scheme and keep the blue, charcoal/silver and white. I'll keep an update on progress.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom