• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Emissions?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Probably not. You still have the P1000 code which means that not enough drive cycles have occurred to fully test the system. Keep driving it, it will disappear eventually.
With the new testing system in use, any codes means a failure.

Dana

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
SonicBlur said:
If you clear it, it's okay, but if you disconnect the battery to clear it, you won't have enough drive cycles to take an emmisons test. I think that is just a rediness test that isn't complete.

-Mike
Yes thats the one. It says its not complete Will I still pass if the readiness test is not complete?

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
emissions

i had the same problem with my saleen last year.was running the predator tune and the code would never reset.they failed me four times in a row because their system couldn't comunicate with the pcm.i told them that's the way the car came from saleen . i talked to the site supervisor and they did a tail pipe sniffer test and passed.so see if it works for you.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I deleted my EGR , but I get the SES light. We pulled the codes and it is an "evap canister" or something like that. The part is no longer on my car and James @ RWTD did not tune it out, he said it can effect the fuel tables or something.

Can I clear codes with an XCAL2??? Or how do I get the codes cleared when I go to emissions, or get the light turned off for good??

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
firstsvt said:
I deleted my EGR , but I get the SES light. We pulled the codes and it is an "evap canister" or something like that. The part is no longer on my car and James @ RWTD did not tune it out, he said it can effect the fuel tables or something.

Can I clear codes with an XCAL2??? Or how do I get the codes cleared when I go to emissions, or get the light turned off for good??

Yes, you can clear the code with the xcal2 but the code will come back shortly and the readness montior will not set. You have to send james your tune and have him turn off the EVAP montior.

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info