Emissions?

01SVT19

Reaction score
Will you pass emissions even though when I hook up the Predator to my OBD it says OBD Circuit test not complete even though the Check engine light is off. Would that pass??? I will post exactly what is said from the predator I just wanted some insight for the future.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
Probably not. You still have the P1000 code which means that not enough drive cycles have occurred to fully test the system. Keep driving it, it will disappear eventually.
With the new testing system in use, any codes means a failure.

Dana

lbesaw03

Reaction score
I have that same code on all the time and before i went i just cleared it and i passed no problem.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
lbesaw03 said:
I have that same code on all the time and before i went i just cleared it and i passed no problem.
If you clear it, it's okay, but if you disconnect the battery to clear it, you won't have enough drive cycles to take an emmisons test. I think that is just a rediness test that isn't complete.

-Mike

Reaction score
lbesaw03 said:
we did the same thing on mine too.

OP
01SVT19

01SVT19

Reaction score
SonicBlur said:
If you clear it, it's okay, but if you disconnect the battery to clear it, you won't have enough drive cycles to take an emmisons test. I think that is just a rediness test that isn't complete.

-Mike
Yes thats the one. It says its not complete Will I still pass if the readiness test is not complete?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
Yes thats the one. It says its not complete Will I still pass if the readiness test is not complete?
To pass smog, you need all of the rediness monitor's set and no MIL PERIOD!

Kevin

tinosc281

Reaction score
emissions

i had the same problem with my saleen last year.was running the predator tune and the code would never reset.they failed me four times in a row because their system couldn't comunicate with the pcm.i told them that's the way the car came from saleen . i talked to the site supervisor and they did a tail pipe sniffer test and passed.so see if it works for you.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Reaction score
I deleted my EGR , but I get the SES light. We pulled the codes and it is an "evap canister" or something like that. The part is no longer on my car and James @ RWTD did not tune it out, he said it can effect the fuel tables or something.

Can I clear codes with an XCAL2??? Or how do I get the codes cleared when I go to emissions, or get the light turned off for good??

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
firstsvt said:
I deleted my EGR , but I get the SES light. We pulled the codes and it is an "evap canister" or something like that. The part is no longer on my car and James @ RWTD did not tune it out, he said it can effect the fuel tables or something.

Can I clear codes with an XCAL2??? Or how do I get the codes cleared when I go to emissions, or get the light turned off for good??
Yes, you can clear the code with the xcal2 but the code will come back shortly and the readness montior will not set. You have to send james your tune and have him turn off the EVAP montior.

Kevin

OP
01SVT19

01SVT19

Reaction score
So what has to be done to pass emissions? Clear everything and get a stock tune? Or get it re-tuned??? Thanks for the advice so far guys. Please let me know thanks.

VENOMOUS98

Reaction score
Did you get the problem fixed with your tune? The reason I ask is because I am having the same trouble with mine and I went to the tuner to get all of the emission stuff set right and it still does not work, to pass me, at the emission station.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
01SVT19

01SVT19

Reaction score
I replaced all the 02 sensors and drove the car for a few days checked with the Handheld tuner and the code is gone so im hoping its going to pass. What did they tell you at the emissions?

VENOMOUS98

Reaction score
The obd computer would not connect with their handheld. So they said that the readiness check is not done.

Chris

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom