3800 Emissions

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Ok, now I know that in IL we dont need to do the sniffer test on our GP's becuase of OBDII. I know they will just plug into the port, see no codes and send me on my way. My ? is this. My exhaust absolutely stinks of no cat. It is exhaust mixed with fuel, and if you stand behind my car for 30 seconds with ANY knowledge of how or why a cat converter works you would know instantly that i ddont have a functioning cat. i have one on there. It just doesnt do anything but pass a visual inspection.

So, that being said, if a tech at the smog place smelled my exhaust could he force me to do a dyno run? If he did i would fail miserably, but i have to go get the car checked out as i just got my notice a few days ago. So can anyone answer this for me?

BC

ps: Dont fail to pay the tollway fine that they send you in the mail for blowing tolls. I did. I have until 11/5 to send them $100 or theywill up it to $350. :eek:

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
techs at a smog place? they are all (unless someone here has friends or family that work there in which case take them out of this generalization) inbred minimum wage idiots.

they mess everything up and i cringe every time they touch my car.

and to answer it- no they wont put a sniffer in there, even on horists car :)

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Yea OBD 2 was designed to take their jobs. If worse comes to worse weld in a cover or a dummy cat...

Even if you fail and get $400 dollars in reciepts they can waive you for a year.

If your really worried. Lean it out before you go. Mines the same though. Even lean shes mean.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info