• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Emissions

sweetness

Reaction score
Ok, now I know that in IL we dont need to do the sniffer test on our GP's becuase of OBDII. I know they will just plug into the port, see no codes and send me on my way. My ? is this. My exhaust absolutely stinks of no cat. It is exhaust mixed with fuel, and if you stand behind my car for 30 seconds with ANY knowledge of how or why a cat converter works you would know instantly that i ddont have a functioning cat. i have one on there. It just doesnt do anything but pass a visual inspection.

So, that being said, if a tech at the smog place smelled my exhaust could he force me to do a dyno run? If he did i would fail miserably, but i have to go get the car checked out as i just got my notice a few days ago. So can anyone answer this for me?

BC

ps: Dont fail to pay the tollway fine that they send you in the mail for blowing tolls. I did. I have until 11/5 to send them $100 or theywill up it to $350. :eek:

xttc2000

Reaction score
techs at a smog place? they are all (unless someone here has friends or family that work there in which case take them out of this generalization) inbred minimum wage idiots.

they mess everything up and i cringe every time they touch my car.

and to answer it- no they wont put a sniffer in there, even on horists car :)

Adam86

Reaction score
nah they wont give you any trouble..they never gave me any trouble when i had that cat on my car..which is on your car now..lol

rob

Reaction score
Yea OBD 2 was designed to take their jobs. If worse comes to worse weld in a cover or a dummy cat...

Even if you fail and get $400 dollars in reciepts they can waive you for a year.

If your really worried. Lean it out before you go. Mines the same though. Even lean shes mean.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Have you heard Mike's Trans Am? If that thing can get an "all clear" label then anything can! :)

sweetness

Reaction score
ok i feel better.

And mike (tgp mike) its this bullshit thing that us northerners have to deal with that your hick ass doesnt. :D

BC

2KREDGHOST

Reaction score
I passed emissions with no cat at all but I have a DHP. I'm running 3" exhaust to the "Y" with no cat at all.

Leo

sweetness

Reaction score
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Oct 29 2004, 09:22 AM
Hick...hick....Well us high tech people in Iowa dont have to deal with it either.... :p  :D
[snapback]58596[/snapback]​

:D

BC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom