TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Failfiniti revival ?
giphy.gif

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Congrats! I have an 08 G35xS sedan and while it was comfy and relatively quick, it got really boring to drive after a few weeks.

I believe mine had 80k on it when I bought it and got rid of it with 130k, and at 120k I had steering rack issues. I had an aftermarket warranty and I took it to Naperville Infiniti, so I always got a nice loaner, but the last 6 months that I owned that car, it was in the shop for maybe 4.5 of those months due to the steering rack.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I installed the remote start a couple nights ago. Went fairly well but programming was a bitch. You had to be so precise and even then I think some of it was just dumb luck to get right. In the end it works and I just have one more wire to figure out that isn't required, parking lights... I found a few references online and they are all different and none of them look like the wiring in my car so I'm going to have to spend some quality time testing the possibilities I found to locate the correct one. Its really just a convenience thing so you know the car is running but I like to know.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
wINFINITI Q70L plus Bose 14 Speaker System plus Infinity BassLink sub equals....

*Not Smug or Shawn approved* ?

View attachment 96079

I blew that up right away. :bowrofl: It was fine until day 3 when I finally read the manual and tried to tune it... I accidentally over-drove it (who knew you could do that?) and blew up the amp. #junk #failfinity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto more important things. Lifetime fluids, ugh. So the 7 speed transmission in this is one of those don't do anything to it and leave it alone transmissions. Well about that.... It had the smallest/slightest shudder an super low granny driving 1-2 shift. Something the dealer would tell you is normal and most people wouldn't notice or care about.

So I phoned our favorite mechanic bikrboy128 bikrboy128 over at the world famous BP/TCG Speed shop and he promptly sent me the instructions on how to swap the fluid. This is a chicken and the egg moment to me. Why are their fluid swap procedures when you aren't supposed to swap fluids? I went to visit the speed shop last night and we had a nice discussion how OEMs want to make their cars seem cheap to maintain until you nuke the trans at 100k (well outside warranty).

55k miles and the fluid was brown, gross.... I am happy to say that this fixed my issue and no studder was detected yesterday or today. He also took care of the diffs, tc, and oil while under there so ready for winter. I always appreciate bikrboy128 bikrboy128 's expertise! :bigthumb:

Cliffs, change your fluids even if you think you don't have to.

Otherwise, I love this car, its awesome and yeah that's all I got for today. Cheers!

Thread Info