Emerballs' Chevy Volt

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Id say that interval was 3500 miles as the car has 52k on it now.

Picked up from dealer and the diagnosis was correct, they ended up replacing the aux heat pump.

I found online that the pump is about 200 and the dealer would charge about 610-650 to replace this. Not sure if that is accurate but if so I just paid for my warranty.

Part is 160: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-water-pump-13597899

Looks like an easy DIY actually so this is another stealership moment but I didn't pay a thing.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So thats an interesting point on this car... With the #failfinity I added on to the warranty. For the Volt I took the standard CPO warranty... Where it gets interesting is the non CPO cars were nearly the same price. I believe [MENTION=11218]lastls1[/MENTION] bought a CPO car for this reason as well. It just didn't make sense to not buy one.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Nothing fun happens with this car. Like I'm not even going to tint the windows.

It just goes. Its really awesome actually at just doing hatchback car things. Its cheap and easy and comfortable and its done everything we asked of it and more.

We packed it full and went to a MI lake house, great dane included, with two bikes on the back, we jammed 5 people uncomfortably in it, Costco regularly, and it rocks out my 60 mile round trip commute on the regular.

Chevy did good with the Volt for a transportation appliance... Its sad more people don't realize it.

/Chevy Volt Commercial

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Also, electric update for [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]... This is the plug I use for the Volt. I don't track gas but I use enough unfortunately. I need more range and faster charging... Aka I need a '19

Screenshot_20181210-095742.jpeg

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Is that just the quarterly notice they send you in general? We get it too and it tells us that we're the devil and that we use some stupid percentage more than our neighbors. I bet that they're getting the same thing saying they use 600% more electricity than we do. Or some other absurd amount...

I just laugh and run it through the electric shredder.
I get the same BS from ComEd. They always ALWAYS tell us we are using more energy than our neighbors. We hardly have any lights on, one TV. And not much else plugged in. When friends come over. They always tell us we live like vampires.

ComEd is full of BS.

Thread Info