Emerballs' Chevy Colorado

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Installed a 6" rear shackle to get a full inch of rear lift (stock was 4, tried 5 and it wasn't enough) and then these new tires showed up... Going to the shop tomorrow! Thanks FEDEX

IMG_20180906_110912_01.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Thanks to [MENTION=3788]Pewter-Camaro[/MENTION] for all his hard work... Im just gonna re use it...Bought this on Black Friday because they had a deal going. My Dad grabbed a tune for his 17 Regal too.

703691c1c1dd8d7263e439fe54b9ec03.jpg

Actually I just loaded it this morning. Only thing I can report is the trans shifting is way improved. Stock it wants to shift really early and tended to sit at low rpm in a higher gear when you are part throttle. Now it's nice and snappy and shifts at a higher rpm.

The Trifecta tune is nice. It uses the cruise control to set the drive mode. So Leave the cruise control on (but not active) and you are in daily drive Eco mode. It shifts nice and will move when you get on it. Turn cruise control off and it goes sport mode and holds more RPM and really wakes up.

So on my way home today I took a couple WOT logs of the tune. Its commanding a leaner Power Enrichment to around the 11.8-12.0 AFR vs the usual uber rich 9.8-10.5 AFR stock commanded. Also the Timing table must have been tweaked because the truck is seeing 26-27* timing at WOT vs 24-25 WOT. This is on Premium fuel which I will continue to use on the truck. Its not required for the tune but will perform best on Premium and even on the stock tune I noticed more Knock Retard on 87 vs 93 octane.

Yeah,its good. Ran it on good ole 87 because we aren't interested in max pah. I wanted the trans to shift better and correct for the tire size which it did. Even in ECO mode (cruise control set to on/ready) its worth the tune. Sport mode (cruise control off) its full race truck mode.
[MENTION=11347]ragingclue[/MENTION]

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Right now it is sitting still. We are toying with the idea of rock rails and/or fender flares but not solid plans. I'd like to put a rear sway bar on it for sure to help with the mall crawling.

And I really want to put the locking tailgate in so when you hit the lock button it locks.... Some bed lights would be cool too.

Thread Info