🔧 BUILD Emerballs' Chevy Cavalier

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
OMG... Remember when peeps thought that the moderation staff (me included) were nazi's?

And someone photoshopped a picture of hitler for me putting his little mustache in, which I made for my avatar... That also went over REAL well...

There's been many instances over the years of people thinking the mods over there being nazis. :rofl: I fucking loved the shenanigans. I especially loved Midnight's tangent he'd go off on.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I really dig those gold wheels. Looks like 94'ish GTP wheels!!

Exactly! Thanks

Dude, awesome color.

I fell in love with one when I was at Simpson Performance I think out in Rockford.

Impulse blue with the blue interior.

Awesome ride bro.

The combo is killer. Blue leather always catches people... Then they ask if it is custom.

Might've been before you got there then. Gotta remember Jon started it in mid-2003 because orders for the cars started in August 2003 and by then, a handful of us had signed our life away on them by that time.

Anyway, people were bitching about the gestapo rules Jon was putting in place... I.E. post counts to post in the for sale sections, having an ID card with your screenname and date on it to prove the part you're selling is yours, and general moderation in the lounge area because some of the talk was getting out of hand. We were called "nazi's".

So we had some fun with it.

History 101

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
:rofl:

I was one of those "damned FPFQ owners". Didn't act like it but fuck, if you didn't buy the GTO brand new, you weren't shit to some of those older members. :rofl:

God forbid you made a functional gauge pod out of the stock dash bezel (instead of shelling out six hundred fucking dollars for that nice dual pod), you were considered a ricer.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Someone there has a screen shot archived in the boards' original format. It was nothing like forum software today. And it was small...

It was just Jon, Fraser, PJ, Tails, A pastor (I can't remember his screenname), Myself, etc...

There was also a time where after Jon sold the board to AutoForums, people didn't like it (the rules) and started all these other GTO sites, which are ghost towns compared to LS1GTO.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My Dad has an 05 and he hates posting there. He even hates reading because some of those people are so harsh.

Even LS1GTO is finally winding down.

Thanks Spacebook

Can't say I blame him to be honest. I only stop in sporadically.

Remember Dbluegoat? I always teased him I wanted his CV8-R wheels and that one day he'd find his GTO on coke bottles. Eventually I got my own CV8-R's...

Anyway, one of our CHC meets early this season, an IBM GTO pulls in with CV8-R's on it... And I'm thinking WTF!!! When did my Wife learn to drive stick and then have the cojones to take mine out much less show up...

Turned out to be Dbluegoat. He moved up here from Ocala a year or so ago...

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Evidently!! Up until that point, I thought I was the only one in the Chicago area with them...

The wheels have more mileage on them from being shipped to Chicago, than the car itself... :D

They went from Australia, to Hong Kong, to Japan, to Anchorage, to Indianapolis, then to Chicago...

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea. People think thay have gold in them or something. Thought about getting a set as spares. If they ARE cheap, they're scuffed to shit or shittly plastidipped. I don't want scuffed to shit wheels and I really don't want to have to work to remove your shitty plastidipping.

Oh, Thanatos was another OG there. He's the one that alerted me to my GTO, on the ground in St. Louis, instead of waiting on the wishy-washy TPW's from GM for my original ordered car.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yea. People think thay have gold in them or something. Thought about getting a set as spares. If they ARE cheap, they're scuffed to shit or shittly plastidipped. I don't want scuffed to shit wheels and I really don't want to have to work to remove your shitty plastidipping.

Oh, Thanatos was another OG there. He's the one that alerted me to my GTO, on the ground in St. Louis, instead of waiting on the wishy-washy TPW's from GM for my original ordered car.

A while back I wanted to get a set of 18s and get the rears widened, then noped out at the price. Then saw this...

image.axd

and changed my mind!

I'm still considering remove side badges for the marker lights. Not into the CF though so I won't get any of that. Spoilerless, I'd love that....

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Naw, leave the badge... Be proud...

I can't say I am big on the wheels though. But that's more because I'm not a fan of aftermarket wheels to begin with.

Spoilerless though, YES!!! Just say no to the big spoiler.

I prefer to debade but thanks to the holes the badges have stayed.

I don't want to pay to have the trunk welded and painted. I'm no baller Lane!

Nothing wrong with aftermarket wheels... Do you remember whose wheels are on my car?

Thread Info