• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Emerballs' Chevy Cavalier

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
My 2004 Pontiac GTO story...

Back at the end of 2011 I noticed my 06 GP GXP was starting to show the signs that the glass trans was probably going to start to slip. I was out of warranty but yet only had 40k miles. Thanks GM. So that went to Carmax and at the beginning of January I brought my cousin with me to look at this fine Pontiac Specimen.

2004 Pontiac GTO M6 Impulse Blue Metallic with blue interior. Mostly stock with 15,700 miles… I say mostly because it had more mods that were removed and there was a few things done but nothing crazy…. MGW short shifter, it's lowered, Morso valve covers, hand held fast programer, light weight flywheel, and new drag radials. I believe I have every stock part for this car... And not sure why but seems cool to have them take up space.

Since the purchase in 2012 I have put about 18k miles on it and done following:

I ditched the FAST programmer and switched to a Predator
Full Poly Bushing Upgrade from Energy Suspension
Front Radius Rod Bushings, Poly Trans Insert, and Poly Strut top Bushings
Hinson short poly engine mounts
Pedders lowering springs, struts, and big bore shocks
Holden Taillights
Long tube headers
Catless Mids
Chin Spoiler
Gauges
18" Wheels with staggered tires
Tinted Windows
05-06 Brake upgrade with Braided Lines
And maybe some other stuff I am forgetting like the part where I customized the front end by rear ending a green mustang

Waiting to go on
Hotchkis Sway Bars

For the future I'd like to get the drivetrain squared away. I think the rubber bits in my two piece drive shaft are ready to be retired so that will be the project for next spring.... Maybe an over the radiator intake because they look cool..?

https://www.instagram.com/emersonhart13/ has some photos too

Last edited:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I guess I forgot that you bought yours used. 2012 seems like just yesterday when the CHC was a really active site. :D

And it just dawned on me that most probably don't realize I have an IBM GTO too.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess I forgot that you bought yours used. 2012 seems like just yesterday when the CHC was a really active site. :D

And it just dawned on me that most probably don't realize I have an IBM GTO too.
Yeah, in 2004 I had just graduated college. Lane you are a man of mystery to most on this forum. I'm one of the few that "know" you.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember when everyone changed their names on LS1GTO and cmntmxr was an off limits name. So obviously, Lane is a big dick around those parts.

I miss my IBM junk.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I remember when my penis got shafted on the G8Board ( I was an original Mod there when John asked me to), when I made a comment about a G8 in an accident in Houston where the driver died, trying to injeect a little humor into a sad situation, and I said something along the lines of "At least he 'stuck' the landing" and it didn't go over too well.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Anyway, we should get back to the celebration of the OP's GREATEST color EVAR... GTO!!

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
But we could talk about LS1GTO for hours, days, or minutes more

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
OMG... Remember when peeps thought that the moderation staff (me included) were nazi's?

And someone photoshopped a picture of hitler for me putting his little mustache in, which I made for my avatar... That also went over REAL well...

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
OMG... Remember when peeps thought that the moderation staff (me included) were nazi's?

And someone photoshopped a picture of hitler for me putting his little mustache in, which I made for my avatar... That also went over REAL well...
When was that? I've never followed that site super close. I should just for the classifieds though...

Gold rims set if off really good!
Thanks. They were poorly done and thinking about having them redone but color is debatable. I have the lips machined again would mean even more imperfections would be brought out so not sure what route to go....

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Dude, awesome color.

I fell in love with one when I was at Simpson Performance I think out in Rockford.

Impulse blue with the blue interior.

Awesome ride bro.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
When was that? I've never followed that site super close. I should just for the classifieds though...
Might've been before you got there then. Gotta remember Jon started it in mid-2003 because orders for the cars started in August 2003 and by then, a handful of us had signed our life away on them by that time.

Anyway, people were bitching about the gestapo rules Jon was putting in place... I.E. post counts to post in the for sale sections, having an ID card with your screenname and date on it to prove the part you're selling is yours, and general moderation in the lounge area because some of the talk was getting out of hand. We were called "nazi's".

So we had some fun with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom