Joel
34f7da0f466bccfc8262e1b5f41b6717.jpg

Pretend it’s green

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So finally back to this thing.

Its centered up in the garage and I am attempting to tackle the rear main leak. I have it apart and just gotta clean and paint the pan then time to put it together. Everything looks good other than a bit of metal chunks in the sludge at the bottom of the pan. I cannot figure out what it is so it might be leftovers from a fix that someone got lazy and didn't clean the pan or its from the original build. It runs good and I don't see damage. I need to pull the head in the future anyway so I'll see that side eventually.

Oil pan is a 4 piece set and I see a lot of different ways to install it. I have the Fel Pro set and its cork and comes with RTV for the corners. I see some use a thin smear of Rtv on both sides of the gaset, some use copper spray, wheel grease. Talk to me about that.

Also I had put pull the clutch linkage so I could raise the engine to get the pan out and the z bar that I took out is roasted. Rubber boot is dry rotted. Trying to figure out how to source parts to fix that.

I just need to keep this movable as I am getting some garage done work soon but don't know exactly when.

Thread Info