🔧 BUILD Emerson Builds an Army Utility Trailer into Camping Overland Off Grid Luxury Suite

General Information

1688756916592.png

:jg: Well actually it didn't just appear there... I had to drive all day and get it:

HOCXBl0.jpg

I guess Yaj Yak and I were having the same sort of idea at the same time and he beat me to the punch and we both took different routes...:werd: Thanks to ilikemtb999 for the knowledge assist.:fy:

It is an M116A3 with an A101A2 bed on it for those that know their lingo.

kmDUQGw.jpg

4d1m1Qj.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
That is a pretty sweet addition. Good shit

We had to run the fan all the way down last time and it limited placement. I need to find a nicer way to mount the panel but options are quite limited this little nook in the middle seems to work the best since it is there when opened and closed.

As far as solar I found a phone app that tells you optimal panel angle for where you are and includes a tool to let you use your phone to set the angle. Then just point the panel true south and #profit!

Reactions: SleeperLS

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I'm struggling for where to mount the large panel anywhere on the trailer.... Also I'd like to park the trailer in the shade when possible so for now mobile panels are likely gonna be the answer. I could add a second smaller fixed panel to trailer to maximize input and get the best of both worlds. Its a 100watt panel and I can take up to 120 watts in. And I'll likely never see 100% efficiency so overlap is good.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
saw this on face book, made me think of your build a bit, and think time to upgrade? LOL

I follow him on IG. I think it is awesome what he does.

Reactions: J-LO

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 You know what this needs? A pressurized water setup..... :io:

M muskie this was awesome for our trip. Perfect solution. Wifey loved having it around.....

We went on a bad ass trip for our anniversary.... Spent a night in PA, two in VA, 3 in SC at my buddys place who is stationed at Ft Jackson then a night in TN and another in IN.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFp-TsEjSnO/

Don'f follow me on Instagram for more frequent updates.

Thread Info