Movie Elvis

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Watched Elvis (2022). Currently on HBOMax and rental / purchase streaming options.

Movie provided the cliff notes (key points) of his life, but the focus is more on what Colonel Parker did to Elvis (both good and more so the bad) and how that led to Elvis’s death.

It’s a good movie as long as you are not looking for a documentary, but leaves you wanting to research a bit more as compared to a “feel good” ending.

I grew up with Elvis being played in the household and knew his story in advance of watching this movie (Colonel Parker was a POS). Yet I still found this movie entertaining with the understanding Hollywood tweaks how some of the events occurred for the sake of entertainment value.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I watched an interview with the Casting Director who stated Austin Butler did 2 years of research, which included training of his vocals, dancing, facial expressions, standing, walking, talking, etc. to mirror Elvis.

He even nailed the maturing of Elvis’ voice from the 1950s - 1970s.

Austin’s audition video for the role was of him sitting behind a piano, singing Unchained Melody as Elvis famous ‘77 Live Performance.

He beat out major actors and singers, the likes of Harry Stiles as an example, along with Elvis impersonators globally.

Interesting point, even recent interviews Austin confirmed his voice has not gone back to its natural state as it continues to have an Elvis undertone to it.

Reactions: BS ISF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Blood on Blood
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list