• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

electrically butt fukked

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Reaction score
hey guys my friend has a gtp that is electrically fukked.....his hvac get no power at all most of the time.....sometimes it flickers really fast in and out when the car is first on then dies out....the wires behind the hvac have been cut and wired back together so i checked them all and they are matched correctly....dunno why someone cut it but whats your guys' guess im stumped all fuses are good...anyone know which color wires on the hvac harness supply the power and ground? does the bcm have anything to do with this because his auto/drl lights are all out of wack too....btw multiple hvac have been tried and they all worked in my car....

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Most likely Ignition switch, If you don't wanna spend the money on it, follow the link to clean it, a Bad IS will cause electrical gremlins all over the car as the whole elelectrical system runs through the switch, basically the electrical contacts get carbon deposits and start having bad/intermittent connections

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=20670

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
You have a 45% chnce of breaking the ignition switch when taking it apart.

If you can swing it (they aren't THAT much)...just get a new one.

I have a cleaned up one in my car, and it seems to be getting a little funny again.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
You have a 45% chnce of breaking the ignition switch when taking it apart.

If you can swing it (they aren't THAT much)...just get a new one.

I have a cleaned up one in my car, and it seems to be getting a little funny again.
I cleaned mine, didn't seem that bad, but I've only done the one, I never even looked up the price, it was free to clean, so that's the better option to me :)

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
i bought a new one.. i was looking at the old one tryin to take it apart just for fun.. and the springs exploded out of the switch everywhere...

there went that idea. just buy a new one from rockauto or somewheres.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
i bought a new one.. i was looking at the old one tryin to take it apart just for fun.. and the springs exploded out of the switch everywhere...

there went that idea. just buy a new one from rockauto or somewheres.
Yup, exacty what I mean. If your garage is anything like mine (shit everywhere) those little springs are about near impossible to find when they shoot out!

Plus the contacts are galvanized. Once they are cleaned, they are never the same, and will corrode twice as fast, so it ends up a semi-temperary fix.

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
i didnt even try to find them.. it was on my workbench and they flew everywhere.. behind it to the sides... who knows. I was going to clean it and flea-bay it but it went straight into the trash when that happened.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
i got a call from Al last night....his 04's ignition switch is dead, worked fine till he got home and went to pull the key out and it wouldnt, called me up later after he "got the key out but now it doesnt turn/start and he can see the switch on the back of the tumblers is broken.

knowing al's temperment.....i wonder what happened first lol he was pissed

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
geez.. not sure how you do that.. theres a release for the key on the bottom of the column.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
he's a wop

ya ever have one of those lady fingers that the fuse is like 1/8th of an inch long? his is shorter since getting his house

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
James, mine was doing that. Had a helluva time getting the key out, as it wouldnt actually go completely into OFF, once I did I could get it to turn, after enough finageling for a while I got it to work, and it worked well if you jiggled it right (lol) and all that bullshit. The stealer replaced the ignition switch under warranty when I took it in for other stuff, and the problem came back a couple month later. Did the jiggaling thing and it went away. Who knows with my car though. :fu:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom