Electric F150 spied with IRS

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Come on?!?! Really fake exhaust??
Why not?

Also there was an electric car company that was running around test mules with F-150 bodies with fake exhausts. If they are going to camo why not also deceive?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the camo, I feel like nobody would even notice this thing without it.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Seriously, wouldn't have gotten a second look without the camo

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
I would agree though.... why the camo? That is only bringing attention to this when nobody would ever bat an eye if it were just uncovered

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ford is throwing $500M at Rivian to partner on a pickup and SUV...maybe the assumption that Rivian was just using the F150 bodies to blend in, wasn't the case afterall, and there's been some sort of partnership there all along...should be interesting at the very least, and hopefully give Rivian the capital it needs and some tech and R&D they may not have had before. And Ford may also get some tech and R&D they also may not have had.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-pouring-500-million-into-rivian-1834269625

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I haven't decided if an electric pickup would sell outrageously awesome, or would be a complete flop...

On one hand, you have plenty of power and torque to tow whatever you want, but as we know, pickup truck drivers tend not to use their trucks as, well, trucks. So it's going to mall crawl. Do pickup truck people care about going electric for their truck? What sort of price would this thing be?? $100K? I just don't know if the market is there...Tesla seems to think so, and so does Rivian and Ford...Is there THAT much market? Only time will tell...

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I haven't decided if an electric pickup would sell outrageously awesome, or would be a complete flop...

On one hand, you have plenty of power and torque to tow whatever you want, but as we know, pickup truck drivers tend not to use their trucks as, well, trucks. So it's going to mall crawl. Do pickup truck people care about going electric for their truck? What sort of price would this thing be?? $100K? I just don't know if the market is there...Tesla seems to think so, and so does Rivian and Ford...Is there THAT much market? Only time will tell...
I think the popularity of the ecoboost in the F150's shows it will work. ~10 years ago how many guys were saying..."I'd never get a truck without one of them v8's...yee haw." Still a handful of folks like that...and more power to them....but people want the ecoboost because of its power. They don't care that its a v6 and sounds like ass. If the electric truck can put down the numbers...people will buy it.

Your big towers probably wouldn't get it because who the hell wants to stop every few hundred miles, but most people are buying trucks to drive to work and back and home depot every now and then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom