Electric bicycle discussion - - broken out of carvana thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Kid just gets yeeted around in his trailer. We already have a trike and a bike ready to go for him when he's old enough. No fucking way I'd have him 4' off the ground free to his own devices right now. :rofl:

i just kinda figured how strapped in she'd be aight. i dunno. maybe trailer is best trailer is fastest.

bring some fuckin snacks and shit

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
shittiest part about where im at is, if i was a fucking bird i could hit the prairie trail bike path in like under a half fucking mile but since im not, a land of coyotes, 7' tall corn, swampland, racoon gangs, and who the fuck knows what else seperates me

Hmmm Prairie trail… so that is what that bike path is called. It’s like 1/2 mile down a couple side streets from me. Was planning on going on a ride tomorrow morning and will probably ride that a bit.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
$4k and under e bikes?

1637807530033.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Bob Kazamakis Bob Hope you know much about Hurley bikes? I was looking around my works discount site and we get $25% off, plus it looks like some of the bikes are on sale. Right now they are showing this one in the cart for $525 before shipping.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Bob Kazamakis Bob Hope you know much about Hurley bikes? I was looking around my works discount site and we get $25% off, plus it looks like some of the bikes are on sale. Right now they are showing this one in the cart for $525 before shipping.

Never heard of it but looks like any other generic e bike setup, probably a bafang hub or bafang knockoff.

I assume the 360w is referring to the battery size? That’s not a heck of a lot and they don’t list any torque specs of the motor. 36v is pretty standard for most e bikes though.

Reactions: Fish

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You could build your own with a budget similar to that and have a reliable bicycle without all of the government bullshit holding you back. Buy a high quality bicycle used on marketplace, buy a conversion kit, install it and you're done. I'm almost rounding 3k miles on mine, I've only had to replace a set of tires, brake pads and a throttle. No way you're going to get anywhere near that reliability with a $500 Ebike. It's literally as easy as putting on a new wheel and figuring out how you want to mount the battery and the controller. If you think buying one for $1500+ is going to net you better build quality, I assure you it's not. You'll have to get into the $4500+ bikes to get quality parts.

HOWEVER, to argue with myself here. the Bee Cool Ebikes are really hard to beat right now. You can get a full suspension fat tire bike for $1600. People have upgraded the rear shock with an Amazon one you can purchase ~$50 and yes you most certainly will need a new front fork because any bike under $4k the suspension parts are garbage. They'll get you by for a while but they will fail, 100% guaranteed. The frames are the generic Chinese junk but they're sturdy. You can't beat that much stuff at that price point unless you're building it yourself. Also, from putting 2500 miles on my fat tire Ebike (hard tail) in 2020 and almost 3k miles on my cross bike (no suspension at all) I can very ethusiastically tell you that you WANT full suspension. Going 30mph on anything but the street is PUNISHING on a hard tail bike. Even with the fat tires soaking up larger bumps it is painful. Luckily my current 35mile commute is on paved roads or bike paths for 96% of it.

Reactions: nytebyte and Fish
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info