TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
We’re a huge shop and I work next to the warranty dept, (we have two dedicated employees there) and specialized e bikes are always breaking motors. My old Levo I sold to a friend and sounds like it’s needing yet another motor

Do you hear much about the Yamaha setups, or still just not a fan because of the UL Rating?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the trek's just look so sick even "just the entry level" one

1628598469178.png

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Do you hear much about the Yamaha setups, or still just not a fan because of the UL Rating?
I’m unfamiliar with them solely because we don’t sell them. Not sure I’ve seen one in person. I deal with brose (via specialized), Bosch. fazua and Shimano. Then every once in a while we get no name or off brand stuff with bafang or comparable stuff but I don’t have to deal with it, that’s for the lower techs to deal with. We only do limited repairs on shit like that and request the customer keeps the battery with them. We’re supposed to be getting a fire cabinet for batteries at some point.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
yeah im legit likely going to try to sell my golf cart to fund one of these. id use it more for sure.
Just keep in mind there’s different speed ratings and torque ratings depending on the type of bike and price point. There’s a battery size component to it but generally it would have to be a decent amount of riding to use it all.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just keep in mind there’s different speed ratings and torque ratings depending on the type of bike and price point. There’s a battery size component to it but generally it would have to be a decent amount of riding to use it all.

ill consult you fullllllly before i do anything at all.

also sup witdat trek proform?

giphy.gif

:s00ls:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Lol bike shop employees are getting shafted the hardest with bike purchases, my rail 9.8 took nearly 5 months. That same bike has a late 2023 eta. There’s been a lot of employees purchasing bikes from our sales floor vs pro deals. I had to cobble together my non e bike ride for the year.

• Wow

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lol bike shop employees are getting shafted the hardest with bike purchases, my rail 9.8 took nearly 5 months. That same bike has a late 2023 eta. There’s been a lot of employees purchasing bikes from our sales floor vs pro deals. I had to cobble together my non e bike ride for the year.

i remember one year selling boat shit there was somehow a shortage on shit we were getting... owner's said employees could only pay retail :rofl: fuuuuck

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I haven’t found this to be very accurate, too many variable not accounted for.

well shit.

maybe it's more accurate for flat land bullshit like here? :rofl:

also, how strict is this:

1629460978744.png

that total weight of 300 part...

cuz I'm ~227, id really like to get a kid seat for my daughter and she's around 24lbs right now.

so that's 54 + 24 +227 = 305 plus whatever the seat weighs

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
well shit.

maybe it's more accurate for flat land bullshit like here? :rofl:

also, how strict is this:

View attachment 97708

that total weight of 300 part...

cuz I'm ~227, id really like to get a kid seat for my daughter and she's around 24lbs right now.

so that's 54 + 24 +227 = 305 plus whatever the seat weighs

Temperature has a huge bearing on battery life as does cadence. It seems to way over estimate for me at least.

Everything has a safety factor built in, that’s my motto :rofl:

could do a trailer instead, my kid loves the trailer but also loves eating snacks and holding stuffed animals while riding in it, not sure about that kind of stuff with a seat on the back.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Temperature has a huge bearing on battery life as does cadence. It seems to way over estimate for me at least.

Everything has a safety factor built in, that’s my motto :rofl:

could do a trailer instead, my kid loves the trailer but also loves eating snacks and holding stuffed animals while riding in it, not sure about that kind of stuff with a seat on the back.

my thinking was from where i live right now i likely won't ride from just because it's a busy main road seperating me from civilization.... so getting "just" the bike somewhere on a hitch mount rack would be easy enough i wouldn't have to worry about the trailer getting somewhere also. but those likely fold up easily enough? (the trailer)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ah, gotcha. Mine the wheels pop off with a button and then it folds “flat” kinda. It’s still not small by any means.

so im thinking im going to get a seat for the one that's here that could potentially work on that trek also...

my thinking is i want to see if my daughter even likes being on it and go from there...

do you have any experience with any of these seats:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info