Electric bicycle discussion - - broken out of carvana thread

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lol treed

the tree hugger in me can kinda appreciate these

one of the last times we were outwest we had some kenfuckingblock-wanna-be-motherfuckers go by us on a narrow trail fucking RIPPPING in rzr's. and i mean it was like a narrow sandy/gravel switchback situation like calm the fuck down you dorks look at the fucking mountain

wanna go kenblock it up go rally across the fuckin open ass dessert and mow down some tumbleweed and snakes.

i was basically crawling along in my general and they were trying to make a new hoonigan video.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
And there’s always the assholes out there with throttles and going over the “speed limit” for e bikes. The county of Boulder still won’t let e bikes because that’s all people think when they hear e bikes, they’re basically dirt bikes when legit ones are far from it.

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
And there’s always the assholes out there with throttles and going over the “speed limit” for e bikes. The county of Boulder still won’t let e bikes because that’s all people think when they hear e bikes, they’re basically dirt bikes when legit ones are far from it.

above all me riding this thing yesterday opened my mind to em a lot more. :bigthumb: like.. i get it.

i originally thought "why not just get a fucking dirtbike" for some of the prices... and now again, i get it :rofl:

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Once you ride one, that argument quickly becomes silly. Sure some can be the same price but they’re very different things.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a few of them. Rides it often. They are pretty cool.

Add in a solar panel and a small controller and you can charge it for free.

Lord Tin Foilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m betting it would take a loooong time with your average panel
nah, you use a solar charging battery pack, thats what I meant by controller which i guess is the wrong word. Have this bitch charging all the time with solar, come home and plug bike in to pull the full charging voltage. Plenty of juice to charge a bike. But I guess it would also depend on your solar setup and how much you need to charge it.

1628095498135.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Also I recently rode the allant to work to pick up my Yukon (got a ride from work to pickup another car) and averaged 20mph on a bike too small for me :rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
That trek looks way better than I would expect a electric bike to look

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m sort of in the boat of you get what you pay for to an extent, if I’m going to use something a lot I don’t mind spending the premium for the best one I can afford

i don't mind that either i just don't know how much ill use it

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I wonder if there is a hub that I can install on my old Schwin Suburban that can convert it to an EBike. Or get one for the fixed gear bike.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom