Electric bicycle discussion - - broken out of carvana thread

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Forgot to take a picture at exactly 4k miles but my converted Ebike is still killing it. I've had to replace the throttle once (stupid expensive $36) at around 3200 miles, because it started freaking out but I was able to make it to/from work. I'm on my 2nd set of tires since converting, they're getting pretty worn, probably going to get another set in a month or two. I also had to do a brake job on the stockers, they did a great job since they also had at least 1k miles on them before I converted the bike. I've done zero maintenance to the motor or any of the conversion parts, which is on purpose to see how long they hold up just ignoring them. The battery I would say has about 80% of it's original capacity, it's very obvious how it has gotten beat up but the ad said it was good for 300 charges and I'm WAY past that. :dunno:

TL;DR Homemade Ebike 4k commuter miles, very reliable, China battery at ~80%??, tires are worn.

Ebike.jpg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Was looking at this bike.

Trails around here are mostly all crushed limestone, so this might be a good bike for that.
I like the lightweight, so it's reported to handle like a normal bike.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Was looking at this bike.

Trails around here are mostly all crushed limestone, so this might be a good bike for that.
I like the lightweight, so it's reported to handle like a normal bike.
The Vado accelerates hard for a legal bike.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Yeah, $3K is a lot for a bike, and that's the Vado 4.0.
They have a newer 5.0 which is $4,500.

I like it because it supposedly handles like a normal bike and is very light at only 33 lbs.
One of the drawbacks is that the top assisted speed is only 15.5 mph, which is pretty low.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Yeah, $3K is a lot for a bike, and that's the Vado 4.0.
They have a newer 5.0 which is $4,500.

I like it because it supposedly handles like a normal bike and is very light at only 33 lbs.
One of the drawbacks is that the top assisted speed is only 15.5 mph, which is pretty low.
The Vado, Vado sl and como should both be class 3 bikes which is 28mph.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The Vado SL is pedal assist only. I read some reviews and they said the max assist speed is 15.5, which seems low, but that might be for the UK version.
Maybe the US versions are faster.
I worked at a specialized shop for 8 years.

Class 3 is pedal assist to 28mph. Class 1 is pedal assist to 20 and class 3 is 20 with a throttle.

Reactions: nytebyte

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
IMG_1128.jpeg
Anybody checked out the stark varg, not a bicycle but electric dirt bike everyone that’s touched one has said it’s an absolute unit, standard mode is 60hp the top setting is 80hp, Travis pastrana said it accelerates so hard it will rip your feet right off the foot pegs, my 450 race bike is a hair under 60hp and it will do back flips at 60mph, I’d love to get my hands on one of these and take it for a rip

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info