Electric bicycle discussion - - broken out of carvana thread

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Fucking hosed every which way with my new purchase.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

• Creepin
Reactions: Yaj Yak
I enjoy cycling. This is a great way to spend time outdoors and keep yourself fit. I bought a hybrid bike last summer and I'm more than pleased with it as I can ride on both paved and unpaved bike trails now (if someone is interested, here is some good info about it https://www.bikertricks.com/what-is-a-hybrid-bike/). As for electric bicycles, maybe I'll buy one when it is hard to ride an ordinary bike. My aunt started riding one after the hip replacement. It helps her to stay active without great strain on her legs.

Reactions: oliverblack77

oliverblack77

Nov 4, 2018
I enjoy cycling. This is a great way to spend time outdoors and keep yourself fit. I bought a hybrid bike last summer and I'm more than pleased with it as I can ride on both paved and unpaved bike trails now (if someone is interested, here is some good info about it https://www.bikertricks.com/what-is-a-hybrid-bike/). As for electric bicycles, maybe I'll buy one when it is hard to ride an ordinary bike. My aunt started riding one after the hip replacement. It helps her to stay active without great strain on her legs.
thanks for this

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I used to think they were for olds but then I had kids and it’s nice to be able to do the same ride in half the time or double my ride in the same time.

Also plenty of studies to show its great cardio and usually at 80% max HR which is very ideal to work your heart

• Creepin

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Congrats!

Do you have some local paths or trails in mind for riding them?
for sure

prairie trail- mchenry (city) is also littttered with trails/paths and furthermore, lake county is fucking insane how many paths/trails/lanes there are now.

tracing this map ive found like a 10 minute car ride from my house a path that i could take all the way to lakeforest

1679505447653.png

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
for sure

prairie trail- mchenry (city) is also littttered with trails/paths and furthermore, lake county is fucking insane how many paths/trails/lanes there are now.

tracing this map ive found like a 10 minute car ride from my house a path that i could take all the way to lakeforest

View attachment 156249
Nice! I keep thinking about doing that Lake County one along the Des Plaines River. You also have the Millennium Trail just east of you. I rode that one from Mundelein going counter-clockwise all the way around to Round Lake. Sadly that last mile or so was closed, trail was in really rough shape along the ComEd lines that are about 1/4 mile west of Fairfield Rd. I still went through, ignoring the barriers. Just walked the bike and ended up at the disc golf park.

You've also got the Prairie Trail/Fox River Trail to your west. That's one I'm going to do this season. I've already ridden it north to Algonquin, so want to see what it's like further north. Heard it is nice and scenic.

You can also use Google Maps, and enable the Biking layer. Another option the Trail Link app (free)

I use that, and it's pretty good for description of the trails, including conditions and updates.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice! I keep thinking about doing that Lake County one along the Des Plaines River. You also have the Millennium Trail just east of you. I rode that one from Mundelein going counter-clockwise all the way around to Round Lake. Sadly that last mile or so was closed, trail was in really rough shape along the ComEd lines that are about 1/4 mile west of Fairfield Rd. I still went through, ignoring the barriers. Just walked the bike and ended up at the disc golf park.

You've also got the Prairie Trail/Fox River Trail to your west. That's one I'm going to do this season. I've already ridden it north to Algonquin, so want to see what it's like further north. Heard it is nice and scenic.

You can also use Google Maps, and enable the Biking layer. Another option the Trail Link app (free)

I use that, and it's pretty good for description of the trails, including conditions and updates.

i said prairie trail :rofl:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info