Ed Burke raid

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Splitting this off the Trump thread. It appears there's speculation that this is about the city's workman's comp lawsuit. The money he has control of is about 100 mil, and it supposedly hasn't had any oversight since it was requested in 2012.

https://abc7chicago.com/%EF%BB%BFald-burke-investigation-appears-rooted-in-2012-finance-committee-probe/4791661/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thursday's federal search warrants also come a few months after a federal lawsuit was filed in Chicago challenging the legality of Burke's control of city workers' compensation and alleging that the South Side alderman commands a dozens-strong patronage army under the cover of his Finance Committee. The suit, filed by several former and injured city employees, claims that Burke falsifies his committee budget, understates his staff size and hides information from the public. According to an amended complaint filed this month, Burke allegedly hires unqualified employees who have "worked as a dog groomer, dog walker, hairstylist, waitress, and other jobs unrelated to the administration of Workers' Compensation."

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not surprised, he is basically the Madigan of the City Counsel.
Few guys I know in Bridgeport have gotten City jobs thru him.

OP
Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not surprised, he is basically the Madigan of the City Counsel.
Few guys I know in Bridgeport have gotten City jobs thru him.
Funny you should say that. His law firm helps people out with property tax rates, much like the one Madigan is with.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Shocked something like this would happen in our fine County and State!

https://wgntv.com/2019/01/03/ald-ed-burke-charged-with-corruption/

Ald. Edward Burke, the longest serving alderman in Chicago history, has been charged with attempted extortion for "corruptly soliciting business" for his private law firm, according to a federal complaint unsealed Thursday.

Burke was charged with one count of attempted extortion for conveying to company executives in 2017 that they'd get the permits if they signed on as clients at Burke's private property-tax law firm in Chicago, the 37-page complaint said.

If convicted of extortion, he faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Burke’s attorney requested a preliminary hearing for Jan. 18 at 2 p.m.

Burke was released on a $10,000 bond. Under the conditions of his release, he must not violate any laws, must give a DNA sample, not change his residence or phone number. He also cannot travel outside of northern Illinois with the exception of his home in Powera Lake, Wisc. Burke must also get rid of the 23 firearms he owns.

OP
Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not surprised yet surprised at the same time it's not related to the pension fund. Soliciting work is probably a close second though.

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
OP
Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
I hope they were all Cook County Compliant. It would be a shame if any of them had a high capacity magazine. That says nothing of this:
" (430 ILCS 66/65)
Sec. 65. Prohibited areas.
(a) A licensee under this Act shall not knowingly carry a firearm on or into:
(5) Any building or portion of a building under the

control of a unit of local government."

GG Allin

Reaction score
I always thought this guy was a dirtbag, fucking pin striped suits.

Aircal

Reaction score
Only in Illinois would we allow someone who can propose new taxes and vote on new taxes, own a Tax Law Firm....

OP
Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Only in Illinois would we allow someone who can propose new taxes and vote on new taxes, own a Tax Law Firm....
I mean shit, it's not a conflict of interests at all. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to get these people disbarred for conflicts of interest.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

but but but PRESIDENT Trump owns one of the most popular hotels for foreigners,
that disqualifies him from being PRESIDENT!!!!!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score

but but but PRESIDENT Trump owns one of the most popular hotels for foreigners,
that disqualifies him from being PRESIDENT!!!!!

Only when he uses taxpayer money so his whole entourage can stay at his hotel :hsughlol:

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Yes, that was BS.
Like I said, his handlers are frigging idiots!!!!
Way too many trips to Fla.
Way too many stupid moves like that.
Way too many lies, exaggerations, and attention whore posts.

PRESIDENT Trump should have stayed in DC his entire 1st year in office.
Foreign trips & official visits in country when needed, but NEVER to any of his properties, and not a single damn round of golf!!!!
He has been a complete fool on doing things that look bad & liberal leech like.
He should have busted ass, with zero ammunition for the POS liberal leeches to use against him!!!!

I was referring to all the liberal leeches whining that PRESIDENT Trump would profit a few grand every time foreign dignitaries used one of his hotels, so that's why he's unqualified to be President!!!

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Don't worry boys! In the Democratic run paradise we live in...this dude is running for re-election!

https://abc7chicago.com/politics/alderman-ed-burke-to-seek-re-election-after-attempted-extortion-charge/5013731/

A day after he was*charged with attempted extortion, Chicago Alderman Ed Burke reassured his supporters he is running for re-election.

While his opponents and some mayoral candidates are calling for the longtime alderman to resign, Burke refuses and will seek yet another term.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well it’s not shocking.

If I recall. Jesse Jackson Jr was re-elected while he was in prison.

Sickening.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think just today the dems introduced a new bill to allow convicted felons to vote. What a world we live in

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

So when they go after a high profile guy like this, how many have been acquitted???
Ryan, nope.
blago, nope.
jesse jr, nope.
jesse jr wife, nope.
mel reynolds, nope.
verdolyak, nope.
rostinkowski, nope.

I'm sure some have, but they pretty much don't pull the trigger until they have you by the balls!!!!
I would not be surprised one bit if he was elected.
The people that support his kind are really that stupid.
Like the guy from Detroit & DC, IIRC both re-elected after being in prison for all kinds of crimes!!!
Doing crack on video comes to mind!!!

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So when they go after a high profile guy like this, how many have been acquitted???
Ryan, nope.
blago, nope.
jesse jr, nope.
jesse jr wife, nope.
mel reynolds, nope.
verdolyak, nope.
rostinkowski, nope.

I'm sure some have, but they pretty much don't pull the trigger until they have you by the balls!!!!
I would not be surprised one bit if he was elected.
The people that support his kind are really that stupid.
Like the guy from Detroit & DC, IIRC both re-elected after being in prison for all kinds of crimes!!!
Doing crack on video comes to mind!!!

This is gonna be the toughest one yet thou. Him and his wife have a lot of legal exp put together. Hopefully they wont find some BS loophole, glove don't fit type thing...

OP
Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
put in my first FOIA request ever. I decided to see if the feebies will turn free of information on the guns Burke had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom