Ecotec problems

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Anyone here have any knowledge on doing the new timing chain tensioner? I installed the new style but I did not release it first before installing. the information I read said that it would automatically. But now I read that you should prime it with oil and throw it in. My GA has been making a lot of noise the last couple of days and the last thing I need is it to blow up.

Also what is the proper torque spec for it? I read anywhere from 55-63ftlbs.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
1753cfb3a27ccfffe71a9fdf47cea74a.jpg

Took it out. Not sure if it's popped or not. The plunger moves up and down only a little bit. But does seem like it's been pumping oil

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
That looks popped out already, no worries though, you can just install it like that. Usually I install them than use a long screwdriver to press that rear shoe in till it clicks and it pops out, then I unhook the injectors and crank the engine till it builds oil pressure and takes the slack out of the chain.

I'd also closely inspect the front timing chain shoe as I've also seen these crack at the top tip where the upper bolt goes through

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info