• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

EBC pads?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
EBC yellows can go on the track and work well and then don't suck on the street.

Hawk HP+ are track pads also that should hold up the same as yellow but don't seem to fare as well on the street.

I have run porterfield r4s on the maxima and hawk hps on the mazda for autox duty/daily duty. I will be moving to a dedicated set of EBC yellow's and rotors for only track days with the Mazda 3 or the Z.

For lemons rx7 we ran carbotech endurance pads that have lasted us 3 races so about 42 track hours on them.

I tend to drive heavier fwd imports or my Z which is a real porker so my brake choices might be a bit different from a lot of mazda miata or other light rwd cars.

HYPROPULSION_R

Regular
May 19, 2010
I'm not a fan of HP+'s if you're an advanced driver or have a car heavier than 3,000 lbs. They worked awesome in my EG hatch (2100 lbs/150ish whp) but not so awesome in my S2000 (2900 lbs/ stock hp). They last about 3-4 laps before they fade. Pace is about high 1:48's at Gingerman as an example.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
I like hawk better than EBC for the track. the DTC's are nice, i've used porterfield R4's as well ans they are very good too. I have a friend who does GTS racing (wheel to wheel racing with german cars) and he uses mostly hawk pads, and doesn't have any problems. I don't hear of many people using EBC for the track.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I'm not a fan of HP+'s if you're an advanced driver or have a car heavier than 3,000 lbs. They worked awesome in my EG hatch (2100 lbs/150ish whp) but not so awesome in my S2000 (2900 lbs/ stock hp). They last about 3-4 laps before they fade. Pace is about high 1:48's at Gingerman as an example.

Had the same problem with Hawk pads with severe fade, when I used them on my 3650+ LB Cobra. They might work fine on a small, light car, but they sucked on the Cobra.

My opinion is to not screw around and just get the Carbotech's.

HYPROPULSION_R

Regular
May 19, 2010
Had the same problem with Hawk pads with severe fade, when I used them on my 3650+ LB Cobra. They might work fine on a small, light car, but they sucked on the Cobra.

My opinion is to not screw around and just get the Carbotech's.

What Hawk pads were you using? DTC-60-70's would fair better with your set-up. Definitely would recommend a pad that's 1500 degrees and higher for V8 cars.

I've used Carbotechs previously (XP10/8) and they are awesome pads. Going through 2-3 sets a season though warranted the use of the cheaper Hawks in my case. The last sets i've gone through were Hawk blues and HT-10's. They've been pretty good for the money and suited for my driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info