EBC pads?

Fastronald

Reaction score
Who has used EBC pads.......are they equal to or better than Hawk pads? I Road Course.............just looking for good stopping power and not burn pads up too fast. I still lean towards Hawk.

SRT41320

Reaction score
I've used about 2 different sets of both in the past and would say they performed equally... But I never took my junk on a road course - I never had an issue with either brand

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
I like my porterfield r4 pads for the track. I would read reviews of people that are using them for your specific car.

[email protected]

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Who has used EBC pads.......are they equal to or better than Hawk pads? I Road Course.............just looking for good stopping power and not burn pads up too fast. I still lean towards Hawk.
I sell 10x more EBC to the road course guys than Hawk, my only input.

[email protected]

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
that's interesting. i don't know anyone that uses EBC for road racing. Well, mostly the import guys I'm talking about.
Yeah not sure myself, I have used Hawks on my terminator at Autobahn and my FRC vette and never had an issue. Not sure what EBC has done to boost their market share but it shows on our side like crazy.

Intel

Reaction score
EBC yellows can go on the track and work well and then don't suck on the street.

Hawk HP+ are track pads also that should hold up the same as yellow but don't seem to fare as well on the street.

I have run porterfield r4s on the maxima and hawk hps on the mazda for autox duty/daily duty. I will be moving to a dedicated set of EBC yellow's and rotors for only track days with the Mazda 3 or the Z.

For lemons rx7 we ran carbotech endurance pads that have lasted us 3 races so about 42 track hours on them.

I tend to drive heavier fwd imports or my Z which is a real porker so my brake choices might be a bit different from a lot of mazda miata or other light rwd cars.

HYPROPULSION_R

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of HP+'s if you're an advanced driver or have a car heavier than 3,000 lbs. They worked awesome in my EG hatch (2100 lbs/150ish whp) but not so awesome in my S2000 (2900 lbs/ stock hp). They last about 3-4 laps before they fade. Pace is about high 1:48's at Gingerman as an example.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It!
Reaction score
I like hawk better than EBC for the track. the DTC's are nice, i've used porterfield R4's as well ans they are very good too. I have a friend who does GTS racing (wheel to wheel racing with german cars) and he uses mostly hawk pads, and doesn't have any problems. I don't hear of many people using EBC for the track.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of HP+'s if you're an advanced driver or have a car heavier than 3,000 lbs. They worked awesome in my EG hatch (2100 lbs/150ish whp) but not so awesome in my S2000 (2900 lbs/ stock hp). They last about 3-4 laps before they fade. Pace is about high 1:48's at Gingerman as an example.
Had the same problem with Hawk pads with severe fade, when I used them on my 3650+ LB Cobra. They might work fine on a small, light car, but they sucked on the Cobra.

My opinion is to not screw around and just get the Carbotech's.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
the only negative about carbotechs, is mine are often letting people know they are here for the party

HYPROPULSION_R

Reaction score
Had the same problem with Hawk pads with severe fade, when I used them on my 3650+ LB Cobra. They might work fine on a small, light car, but they sucked on the Cobra.

My opinion is to not screw around and just get the Carbotech's.
What Hawk pads were you using? DTC-60-70's would fair better with your set-up. Definitely would recommend a pad that's 1500 degrees and higher for V8 cars.

I've used Carbotechs previously (XP10/8) and they are awesome pads. Going through 2-3 sets a season though warranted the use of the cheaper Hawks in my case. The last sets i've gone through were Hawk blues and HT-10's. They've been pretty good for the money and suited for my driving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom