• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Eaton Swapped MM's

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Are you guys aware that a stock Cobra comes with 2 IAT sensors?
One is upstrean (in the Cobra MAF) one is downstream (on the back of the Eaton), the PCM will pull timing depending on the readings between the 2 IAT sensors (20+ degrees above ambient temp)

So my question is this. A stock MM PCM is only capable of reading 1 IAT sensor and in the stock form it will not pull timing in the same fashion the Cobra PCM will so should you guys be swapping Cobra PCM's as well?
Then fingure out the pin configuration and tap into the harness with IAT2?

I'm sorry if my question seems stupid but this has been on my mind and I have to know, so please excuse my ignorance and dont flame me

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
A marauder pcm is programmable to pull timing dependent on IAT. For example a typical roots car will.pull timing starting at 140 degrees and pull more based on programmed temp.

The pcm control of the ic pump can be shut off in the tune and made to run full time....which is what every tuner does.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I knew you would chime in Zack.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. So IAT1 is specifically for the IC pump relay control and IAT2 controls timing. So the IC pump on the Eaton swaps are just on/off with the ignition.

I've been doing some homework on the killer chiller systems and leaning towards building a CAI that shares some of the same features for my MM while i'm N/A but I also have a Cobra guy wanting me to build him a kit and we've been in deep discussions about IAT's and I wanted more info on them

FordNut

Oct 13, 2010
I knew you would chime in Zack.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. So IAT1 is specifically for the IC pump relay control and IAT2 controls timing. So the IC pump on the Eaton swaps are just on/off with the ignition.

I've been doing some homework on the killer chiller systems and leaning towards building a CAI that shares some of the same features for my MM while i'm N/A but I also have a Cobra guy wanting me to build him a kit and we've been in deep discussions about IAT's and I wanted more info on them

I'm interested in the KC too. Specifically how to make it work with the MM EATC and if it's possible to have a control valve to shut of freon flow to the cabin when at the track.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Sure there is a way to cut the flow to the cabin. I already got that part figured out, my kit will start as a NA kit and after I test it I will design a SC kit.

With the design of my CAI box and all the space I have where the airbag pump is located it will be concealed and will hopefully have the cooling effect of N2O

I already unlocked the below ambient CAI now its time to make it show some arctic temps.

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Huh???

With my kit the only one worring is the guy next to you in traffic thats running 140* plus for IAT's.
Besides the cooling takes place within the CAI not the IC like the Killer Chiller.
Oh Travis, you should know my humor by now... :D

This is good to know though and it's great to see you working on all these ideas and actually getting aftermarket products out for our cars. :headbang:

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Actually I'm throwing the towel making MM parts. The kit I'm working on is for a 03 Cobra. The only MM parts I plan on making in the near future are for my Marauder.

The entire MM community stopped buying from me since I got the boot at MM.net and I'm sure DR, and the Admins over there will take great pleasure in reading this.

Besides I'm tired of working for free. There is no profit in making MM parts My catch can for example: total cost of all the material to make it is $85.00 not counting return shipping, all the gas running around town picking up parts from local vendors, and about 6 hours labor for me to machine it. Like a fool I sell them for 135.00 shipped so lets see

$85.00 parts
$15.00 priority Mail
$00.00 for my gas
$35.00 for 6 hours labor???
= a DAMN FOOL

The funny part is I still have to be a salesman to get someone to purchase it and when they do they think I still owe them something

NO THANKS!!!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Actually I'm throwing the towel making MM parts. The kit I'm working on is for a 03 Cobra. The only MM parts I plan on making in the near future are for my Marauder.

The entire MM community stopped buying from me since I got the boot at MM.net and I'm sure DR, and the Admins will take great pleasure in reading this.

Besides I'm tired of working for free. There is no profit in making MM parts My catch can for example: total cost of all the material to make it is $85.00 not counting return shipping, all the gas running around town picking up parts from local vendors, and about 6 hours labor for me to machine it. Like a fool I sell them for 135.00 shipped so lets see

$85.00 parts
$15.00 priority Mail
$00.00 for my gas
$35.00 for 6 hours labor???
= a DAMN FOOL

The funny part is I still have to be a salesman to get someone to purchase it and when they do they think I still owe them something

NO THANKS!!!

You should probably follow DR's business motto:

Have zero cash in your account.

-Take order and money from Customer 1.
-Take money from Customer 1 and go to the bar...spend it all.

-Hope Customer 2 calls.
-Customer 2 does call and places order.
-Take money from Customer 2 and buy Customer 1's parts

-Repeat process for years and years but suffer no repercussions from the website you make a 'living' from

Yep, seems like a winner to me! :biggthump

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Damn! Sorry if I hit a nerve. You've done nothing but good by me and I've always had good conversations with you. I thought some of your products were a bit on the low side. It's like when someone asks if I can port something for them. I'll do it for my own car, but, it's tough to justify doing it for someone else because of all the labor. You throw a high price on it and they say "Oh, I can do that myself, or a friend can do it". Can you really put a price on not seeing the wife and kids for a week when you're buried in the garage? :D

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I'm just being honest Bill, I've said it for years now, "I do not make my parts for profit" most of my mods cost me money to build and it doesnt end with the catch cans, I lose money or break even on all of them.

I made Marauder parts primarily because

1)All of my parts look like they were made by a manufacturer, and for a guy working out of a small shop in the back yard, I'm tickled when people like DR get pissed off that I'm capable of making something that nice and he see's me as a threat.

2)I love Marauder's and I consider it a badge of honor for someone to install my parts on their Marauder and if they're happy thats all that matters to me.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Its nice to have 1 of 2 of travis' Intakes on my MM.

Still think you should go after the centri s/c pipes.

Actually your's turned out so much better than my original design I'm making a copy of it for my MM right now. I truly hated to take your kit off my car, my wife had to remind me it was'nt mine to keep. I'll sell my original (now used) kit on the cheap to someone down the line. So it will be 1 of 3 LOL!

How did the MM meet turn out for you?

It's nice to pop your hood and be the only guy with parts that did'nt come off the shelf from a Manufacturer.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Normally, I'd remind you guys to stay on topic but I found this thread to be interesting reading. Not a Marauder guy so I know little about them. Know a little more now.

Having been part of LDC, I understand what it's like to make and sell custom parts and the joys and pitfalls that go with the game. Travis, best wishes for continued success on your parts improvements and original designs (make sure you charge enough to cover your costs, time and a reasonable profit. Guys won't mind paying a little more to make it worthwhile for you to continue).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info