• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Eaton Swap COT woes finally Solved!!!!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Eaton Swappers, check this out!
Looky here. Crossover Delete...Yummy - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club
CoolingSystemCobra2.jpg

On a Marauder, you would connect the lower radiator hose directly to the coolant/oil adapter on the drivers side of the block.
Thermostat housing would be eliminated, as well as the hose on the bottom of the COT.

Connect that piece of magic pictured to the upper radiator hose, make some lines and plug the cooling mod port.

Then, do what Siege did and route your cooling mod hose directly to the heater core.

SO MUCH WIN!

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
Eaton Swappers, check this out!
Looky here. Crossover Delete...Yummy - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club
CoolingSystemCobra2.jpg

On a Marauder, you would connect the lower radiator hose directly to the coolant/oil adapter on the drivers side of the block.
Thermostat housing would be eliminated, as well as the hose on the bottom of the COT.

Connect that piece of magic pictured to the upper radiator hose, make some lines and plug the cooling mod port.

Then, do what Siege did and route your cooling mod hose directly to the heater core.

SO MUCH WIN!

SWEET!

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
This looks nice for the guys that don't plan on driving their cars much.
Honestly, for a car that's going to be driven signficantly I would rather have a modded COT.
As someone mentioned in the thread over there, if a belt pops and gets a hold of those hoses it's going to dump the coolant whereas the COT should hold up to the belt whacking it.
A couple hours with a welder & grinder and a can of black paint = $5.95
That leaves $194.05 for beer and pizza.

massacre

Regular
May 25, 2011
Someone (Jake) just posted this on my website a few days ago. Really great idea, there have been a few products over the years that solved some of these problems, but never has there been one that solved all of these problems, together in one kit.

I already did the thermostat relocation/lower rad hose thing, figures as soon as I did that something better would come out...lol.

Modularspeed makes good stuff. I bought an adjustable solid lash adjuster for degreeing cams from him like 5 years ago, when he still had his website. It still works flawlessly, after years of use, I just used it on a 2V motor with trickflow heads the other day.

Thanks for posting up the link Zack.

I will admit, when I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be about the Conti crossover, but this is so much better LMAO!

huh?!

Jan 18, 2012
This looks nice for the guys that don't plan on driving their cars much.
Honestly, for a car that's going to be driven signficantly I would rather have a modded COT.
As someone mentioned in the thread over there, if a belt pops and gets a hold of those hoses it's going to dump the coolant whereas the COT should hold up to the belt whacking it.
A couple hours with a welder & grinder and a can of black paint = $5.95
That leaves $194.05 for beer and pizza.

Been thinking about the belt snapping issue also. With this kit and the ability to route the lines how you want, couldn't you even route the lines through a hard tube in areas (thus protecting the lines)?

Will say though, I have not had an 8 rib blower belt shred on a PD blower, nor an accessory belt (not saying it doesn't happen)....my experience has also only been with 2v gen 2 lightnings and gen 1 s/c hd trucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info