• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Eaton M112 on my '95 GTS

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
Hey guys...

I have an Eaton M112 and a 1995 Mustang 5.0

I plan to marry the two....

anyone here done this?

anyone have any pointers?

I was thinking that I want to keep the boost under 10 psi for reliability...

what size fuel pump and I going to need?

what size injectors am I going to need?

where can I get an intake or intake adapter to mount this thing on my '95?

do I need to run an 03/04 Cobra TB or is there a TB adapter to install a standard 5.0 TB to it?

IMG-20121111-00196.jpg

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
so, i talked to a guy out in Yorkville today who has a CNC shop

he is willing to take a look at my car and find out what we need to do to make it happen.... he says if I can get 5 or 6 guys interested, he'd cut a little off of my unit as a "test mule".

anyone interested?

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
Thanks to Fast Nick, I picked up some more parts for this yesterday....

I now have a throttle body, an 8 rib alternator pulley, a MAF and 3 8 rib tensioners.

now all I need is the aluminum mounting plate built (got a guy for that), an 8 rib crank pulley, an 8 rib power steering pulley and and 8 rib water pump pulley...

if anyone has that stuff, let me know.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
per this guy

Eaton M112 Install on 5.0 LTD (pics!) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

a E350 with the 7.3L diesel had an 8 rib system..... and he used the crank pulley on his 5.0

I PM'd him for details....

but I did call autozone and they can get the crank pulley, unfortunately it is the balancer and crank pulley all in one, whereas the 5.0, the crank pulley is bolted to the balancer...

does anyone know if the two have the same imbalance? could I actually use the whole balancer from the diesel?

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
The 7.3 is I believe neutral balance and the crank snout is way way bigger than a 5.0 would be

Thanks....

So I found out that what dude with the LTD did was use an 8 rib pulley from Vortech...

pulley is $125 and has both a 6 rib track for the stock belt and an 8 rib track for the blower.... this way the blower runs on a dedicated belt.

ordered pulley and tensioner today

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info