Eagle's May 31st Fire Tornado Party & Kegger

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Measure that. I almost lost my head because my buddy shot a 1.5" mortar out of a 2"+ shop vac tube. Too much air went around it and it only got about 20' up before heading south and blowing up around 5' from the ground. We Kenyan sprinted away from that shit once we realized what was going on :rofl:

I'll be up in Wisconsin for RSD this month, guess I'll just grab one from the fireworks shop.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
blah.. we were shooting 3" mortars off with a 3ft 3" pvc tube with no issues :dunno:

Just make sure you aren't using the Schedule 20 stuff! haha

I used to use schedule 20 PVC as well, but if the charge fails to lift the mortar out of the tube, the tube will explode sending shrapnel everywhere.

What you want to use is HDPE (high density polyethylene) black tube. A 3" x 18" tube can be bought for less than $15. The HDPE does not explode, it rips and shreds.

Being too cheap to spend $15 to ensure the safety of you and others is just plain stupid.

Mike@Devo2ning

Mike Da Mechanic
Jan 26, 2012
IL
I used to use schedule 20 PVC as well, but if the charge fails to lift the mortar out of the tube, the tube will explode sending shrapnel everywhere.

What you want to use is HDPE (high density polyethylene) black tube. A 3" x 18" tube can be bought for less than $15. The HDPE does not explode, it rips and shreds.

Being too cheap to spend $15 to ensure the safety of you and others is just plain stupid.

What fun is it if there's no chance to blow your hand off? lol

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What fun is it if there's no chance to blow your hand off? lol

I do not want to sound completely like Mr. Safety, but I try to eliminate others getting hurt. I am more willing to put myself in harms way, but do not think I could live with myself if I badly hurt another person. This is coming from the guy who built a catapult that launches anything from an M80 to full sticks into the air because it sounds better lmao!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
ymyny9uh.jpg

:io:

Mike@Devo2ning

Mike Da Mechanic
Jan 26, 2012
IL
I do not want to sound completely like Mr. Safety, but I try to eliminate others getting hurt. I am more willing to put myself in harms way, but do not think I could live with myself if I badly hurt another person. This is coming from the guy who built a catapult that launches anything from an M80 to full sticks into the air because it sounds better lmao!

I don't launch mortars right next to a crowd of people, idk..

Thread Info