🔧 BUILD Eagle's 92 Fox 5.0 5spd resto

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Cross member and trans harness in place... Ugh!

20200922_184232.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
If I REPOWERED my car in 32 days(prior to tcg tour) you damn sure can make it good enough to a track day 2 hours away ?

While I think I might have the mechanics done in time, I'm worried about the chip.

Also, I found out that the X pipe I ordered turns out to require WELDING to install... :mad: So that's going to be a setback as well.

About to put a few texts in to check on the chip burning for the baseline tune.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Probably a dumb question, but not schooled enough on Fords.
Why a chip vs a Holley system and Mike Post tune (or whoever your tuner is, used Mike as an example as he has a stellar reputation)
Is it due to the car only expecting 400-500whp (guessing on HP) and not worth the cost?

Thats basically exactly the idea. The stock computer should be plenty capable of managing the power this engine will make without the cost of a full-blown standalone system.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm not entirely giving up on this build being done for the track day... but I'm waaay behind on the assembly at this point to be in time for the dyno day on Tuesday and I have plans this weekend that are higher priority than getting this car wrapped up...

I still need to get the exhaust welded up, splice in TB connections from the 94, install all the accessories, radiator, fluids, o2 sensors, battery tray and misc remaining harness connections, install the fuel pump... not to mention any detail work around cleaning up the brackets and parts I'm reinstalling. :ugh:

And I somewhat kinked the fuel feed getting it bent to fit the 94 fuel rails... so I need to get something ordered to replace that.

Feeling behind the8 ball on this thing.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just ordered these up:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/russell-fuel-line-kit-8793gt.html

The exhaust issue and the chip not being here really took the wind outta my sails.

Honestly, I don't need any more stress in my life right now. I was pushing every night to be out there and missing any time I get with friends and family to keep pushing forward. I'm going to get a single track day for my efforts - maybe? Just not sure its worth it right now to push as hard as I was.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just ordered these up:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/russell-fuel-line-kit-8793gt.html

The exhaust issue and the chip not being here really took the wind outta my sails.

Honestly, I don't need any more stress in my life right now. I was pushing every night to be out there and missing any time I get with friends and family to keep pushing forward. I'm going to get a single track day for my efforts - maybe? Just not sure its worth it right now to push as hard as I was.

Everything has been delayed lately for the build for me too. Just got word that one of the parts I ordered is now discontinued. Well thanks for having it on backorder for months you assholes. :bowrofl:

Gotta figure out a few body things on mine, then move forward.

Need to pull more shit off and get it sold soon as well. Time to start thinning out the extra parts.

Reactions: Eagle

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm also worried about taking it to the track without subframe connectors and stock 4-lug axles.

I was going to ask if you were going to put subframe connectors on it before taking it to the track. My '90 has wrinkles in the 1/4 panels from what I assume was body flex from hard launches before the last owner installed subframe connectors.

Don't rush it. That's when you make mistakes and break things, plus it's just not worth the burnout. When I was getting into the final phase of rebuilding my '90, I was tired of it and not wanting to work on it. I decided to limit myself to one or two tasks per night. I would work on the car for about an hour each night and that was it. If all I accomplished was drilling a hole, or pinning a connector, it was still 1 step further along than I was the previous night. After a couple weeks, I found that I made a ton of progress and was actually looking forward to working on the car after work. It basically became my wind down time when I got home, rather than something that stressed me out.

Reactions: FESTER665 and Eagle

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Thanks man. You're totally right. When you're in crunch time AND you're not 100% sure how to proceed on stuff (I'm a f-body guy, not a foxbody guy - plenty of tasks on this thing are like learning to speak French), burnout on the project is easy.
You need another fbody in your life Daniel.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm also worried about taking it to the track without subframe connectors and stock 4-lug axles.
Axles will probably be fine, depending on what you plan on running for a tire and how hard you're launching. SFC are fine too. You're not going to hurt the car from one track outing. The torque boxes are what you would have to worry about the most IMO.

Reactions: Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
94 accessories are going to have to be used. I got the passenger side accessories on, will work on driver's side tomorrow.

My smog pump delete pulley still worked on the 94 brackets.

IAC plug is the same, TPS is not. EGR is the same, but I want to delete it. ECM temp sensor wires are too short, need to be lengthened.

I think the engine needs a catch can. Also need to figure out how to route all the old vac lines to the new intake, with just one port in it.

92 radiator fan isn't going to fit the 94 water pump.

Throttle cable brackets are different between the two cars. I only have the 92 bracket, and the 94 elbow can't accept it. Anyone have ideas on this?

Thread Info