Eagle's 2019 Ram 2500 - 35x12.5/20 Toyos and review

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just got some 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country ATIII tires slapped on my 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins truck today. SUPER happy with how they fit! Not only that, but they have a 65k warranty!

These tires are available in F load range, which is what I went with since I pull my 5th wheel camper. Full lock in both directions, no rubbing at stock ride height. I'm super stoked.

20200917_171919.jpg

20200917_144646.jpg

20200917_172348.jpg

Long hauler

Dec 17, 2021
Truck pulled the trailer great on the new tires. I would say the F rating did firm up the handling slightly, which I appreciate.

View attachment 67537
Sorry to bring up old post, but just purchased a new 2500 ram limited. Going to be pulling a goose neck trailer but want to get a bed cover when not using and noticed you have one on your truck? Have any issues with it being in the way? Also your truck looks great with those tires. Do you have a leveling kit on the truck? Sorry for bumping and old post and asking so many questions. Thanks!

Reactions: Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
No need to apologize! No leveling kit, but it does have the factory off-road package, which I think is equivalent to a 2" lift.

I have no issues driving around with the 5th wheel hitch under the cover, a goose neck would be even easier.

Let me know if you've got other Qs!

BTW, these tires are wearing fantastically. I've got 46k on the truck now and the tires probably still have 3/4 tread on them, and I drive it hard.

Long hauler

Dec 17, 2021
No need to apologize! No leveling kit, but it does have the factory off-road package, which I think is equivalent to a 2" lift.

I have no issues driving around with the 5th wheel hitch under the cover, a goose neck would be even easier.

Let me know if you've got other Qs!

BTW, these tires are wearing fantastically. I've got 46k on the truck now and the tires probably still have 3/4 tread on them, and I drive it hard.
Thanks so much for the reply! I have the auto level rear end and was worried a level kit might mess with that, but really hate the front end squat. But, I’m definitely getting those tires. Think they look amazing! I’m looking at the bakflip bed cover but if you have other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I’ve had the Bakflip before, but have had some issues with the opening chords getting stuck and having to dig them out to open it.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Thanks so much for the reply! I have the auto level rear end and was worried a level kit might mess with that, but really hate the front end squat. But, I’m definitely getting those tires. Think they look amazing! I’m looking at the bakflip bed cover but if you have other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I’ve had the Bakflip before, but have had some issues with the opening chords getting stuck and having to dig them out to open it.

I had a Bakflip on my ‘13 F-350 and I loved it. Was on the truck for four years and was still good and water tight when I sold it. I dealt with the opening cord issue you’re describing, but I got pretty good at jiggling it just the right way to the point where it never bothered me.

Thread Info