E85 through ID1050X? potential issues?

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I need a set of ID1050X's..

have a lead on a set with only 3000 miles for less than 1/3 of the cost. Guy is going ID1300.

Guy claims to have ran E85 and switching to super between tanks, but said its been consistently E85 for awhile.

I am only going to be running 93 purely because i'm not interested in a fuel tank following me everywhere..

any possible issues with the injectors? they need to be flow tested? and how would that happen?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
If you buy them, clean and flow test them immediately. I would not put those in my car without doing that first.

Barker told me what you're getting them for, I'm expecting them to be seized up :rofl:

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
As long as he hasn't let them sit with E85 in them for a long period of time they'll be fine. Usually people have issues when they put a car away for the winter and never start it.

OP
Bruce Jibboo

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
If you buy them, clean and flow test them immediately. I would not put those in my car without doing that first.

Barker told me what you're getting them for, I'm expecting them to be seized up :rofl:
yep :rofl: the guy is a decent dude and actually already sold him parts before..thinking he may even send them and let me pay when they are tested...

so where/who can clean and flow test them? or need to be sent out?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Most shops have a cleaner. Speed might. Boostin does, so does R&D. Ive venture Sound Performance does, Koza probably does, etc etc.

HellPIG

Reaction score
They will be fine. I had my 1300's flow tested, but not cleaned. E85 had sat in them for months and they did just fine. Another thing to consider is that 93 will eat away at whatever deposits were left on there anyways.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Id still have them cleaned. Id never buy used injectors and just toss them in...just me tho.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Those are what I run in my car on only e85

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom