E85 Elgin area

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Looks like the new Speedway on 31 was just tested a few days ago at E80. Good enough for me!

I unknowingly filled the car up one year with Shell at the end of the season. It was previously a Citgo stations that consistantly tested good. That tank sat over the winter into the next season. Fucked up both fuel filters on the car. GARBAGE!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Looks like the new Speedway on 31 was just tested a few days ago at E80. Good enough for me!

I unknowingly filled the car up one year with Shell at the end of the season. It was previously a Citgo stations that consistantly tested good. That tank sat over the winter into the next season. Fucked up both fuel filters on the car. GARBAGE!

NEVER leave any E85 in your tank that long. You shouldn't leave it in your car for even a couple of weeks. It absorbs water that that causes corrosion and other issues. Always leave the car with normal fuel in it when you aren't driving it for extended amounts of time.

From what I've heard Speedway is very good on E85 quality. Not sure where the new on is on 31. There's a new one on Algonquin.

I have always had great luck with the Speedway stations I have tested. I fill up my car about 75% of the time at one of Speedways. Then Fas Fuel in Lombard 15% of the time. Then test random stations when on road trips.

In spring, when the two Speedway by me test 80% I don't have to worry about testing again until fall. They sell a lot of E85 so they are always getting fresh fuel and have a good supplier for dat good E.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
NEVER leave any E85 in your tank that long. You shouldn't leave it in your car for even a couple of weeks. It absorbs water that that causes corrosion and other issues. Always leave the car with normal fuel in it when you aren't driving it for extended amounts of time.

I know this now.......lol

I have stored the car over the winter with good E85 and no ill effects. The garage never drops below 40 degrees in the winter.

I have a base 93 tune that I have been trying to finish but ran into ignition issues the last 2 times on the dyno. I have been storing it with 93 in the tank.

I drained the old 93 out of it a few weeks ago and plan on throwing some fresh E85 and tune in the car so I can do some testing. Mainly to make sure no more ignition issues. I do plan on finishing the 93 tune at some point this year. But I know the E85 tune is good to go and I can enjoy the car till then.

If I don't sell it first. :eek3:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks for posting. I recently got a tune and can blend to E30-40 mix on stock fuel system. I have noticed every shell is shit as well. I have been going to the Speedway at North and swift.

That is the one I mainly use as it is close to my house. Seems whenever I go I have to wait for other E85 users to fill up. A popular spot for E85 for sure. lol

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Why would you sell it? You already have enough bikes. :dunno: haha

Because it has basically sat for the last 1.5 years. I never drive it and I don't race anymore. I did not even get it out last summer. Car scene is all but dead. Bike life is where it's at.

If I don't get some use out of it this year she probably gone. It is a super clean, not cut up, built right car. I can't stand to see it sit as well as it is not doing it any good. I've just lost that loving feeling even though it does put a big grin on my face every time I drive it.

Why did you sell yours then???

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yes, whenever it runs again it will. :rofl:

From what I've heard Speedway is very good on E85 quality. Not sure where the new on is on 31. There's a new one on Algonquin.

It's right at 31 and Bowes. I get regular ole gas there all the time. Same with the Speedway in West Chicago on 38 as well as the one on Wilson St. in Batavia (corner of Batavia and Kirk by Spermilab)

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
That is the one I mainly use as it is close to my house. Seems whenever I go I have to wait for other E85 users to fill up. A popular spot for E85 for sure. lol

Yeah right by my house as well. Seem to always run into a bunch corn fed badass cars there. Just met a guy with a Rosegold wrapped Alpha9 GTR. Real nice guy and he had no problem whaling on the throttle to give me a show.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Because it has basically sat for the last 1.5 years. I never drive it and I don't race anymore. I did not even get it out last summer. Car scene is all but dead. Bike life is where it's at.

If I don't get some use out of it this year she probably gone. It is a super clean, not cut up, built right car. I can't stand to see it sit as well as it is not doing it any good. I've just lost that loving feeling even though it does put a big grin on my face every time I drive it.

Why did you sell yours then???

I sold mine to buy another car. Something else that was more than a one trick pony, a little more up class than a Foxbody, and that I could handle turning. Because I found I enjoy road racing more than drag racing. I think it worked out well in the end.

I get it though. Sometimes it is just time to move on.

The car scene isn't dead. It just is nowhere near what it once was. :tear:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yeah right by my house as well. Seem to always run into a bunch corn fed badass cars there. Just met a guy with a Rosegold wrapped Alpha9 GTR. Real nice guy and he had no problem whaling on the throttle to give me a show.

That is how that place is. I have seen all kinds of different cars there. From junk to more money than I'll ever see at one time. lol And as usual all of them seem happy to talk about their cars.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
You have a race car. Buy a tester for a few bucks. Not worth blowing your shit up because someone online posted a not accurate reading or the gas is now a different blend at the time you filled up your car.

It is a street car.

I have a tester, just didn't want to have to test at the pump.

My tune is safe enough to handle some variation. If it did not blow up on that bull shit Shell E50 I think I am ok.

But as always, I appreciate the concern! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info