Dyno Tuned my SSEi - 359whp (New VS Cam Record)

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Damn tommy! I guess i missed out on our dyno day :tear: Damnit! Congrats on the numbers, that sucker is making some powa! E85 is the shiizzzznit!

Nah you didn't. My schedule has been hectic and this was a last minute. My buddy started tuning again (he's mostly LSx and Mustangs) at Val's Performance in Round Lake. (I found out on Wed.) I went there to check it out yesterday morning. The dyno was open so I rented out two hours and did some tuning myself.
I still have my GTP that I'll need to tune in the next month or so. :pedobear:

I'm not sure if you are up to cruising up to Round Lake though. We could also hit that place in Joilet from last year. He was open to us renting out the dyno. We just need to get our schedules coordinated. :hs:

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Hey Schlim - Thanks for the offer on the fuel pressure gauge. I have a 5V sender hooked up directly into my PT from the regulator housing. Pressure looked good (maxed at 69psi at around 199 kpa MAP lol) except for a weired dip here and there in the logs. I'm assumng it is the crappy AD inputs. I'm going to change out the fuel filter first.

Second thought is that it might also be that i'm maxing out these 55lbs injectors. Unfortunately injector duty cycle wasn't logged in my runs...I only had IPW. :(

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Nah you didn't. My schedule has been hectic and this was a last minute. My buddy started tuning again (he's mostly LSx and Mustangs) at Val's Performance in Round Lake. (I found out on Wed.) I went there to check it out yesterday morning. The dyno was open so I rented out two hours and did some tuning myself.
I still have my GTP that I'll need to tune in the next month or so. :pedobear:

I'm not sure if you are up to cruising up to Round Lake though. We could also hit that place in Joilet from last year. He was open to us renting out the dyno. We just need to get our schedules coordinated. :hs:

Sweet i'm down for this, i was thinking right around 2nd weekend in November? Is that a bit late or no? This month with the track day and moving i'm so busy i'll never make it out there. If you can get the place in Joliet (i'm going first since you're a dyno breaker) that would be great but if not then i can make a cruise up to round lake, wherever that is lol.

You said you didn't scan the duty cycle but where were your IPW's? You might be maxing those out. I'm non-i'c'd with a 12.1:1 AFR on my 2.8, and i get about 19ipw's at 60psi with my 65#ers.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Sweet i'm down for this, i was thinking right around 2nd weekend in November? Is that a bit late or no? This month with the track day and moving i'm so busy i'll never make it out there. If you can get the place in Joliet (i'm going first since you're a dyno breaker) that would be great but if not then i can make a cruise up to round lake, wherever that is lol.

You said you didn't scan the duty cycle but where were your IPW's? You might be maxing those out. I'm non-i'c'd with a 12.1:1 AFR on my 2.8, and i get about 19ipw's at 60psi with my 65#ers.

what ipw is maxxing for 65#ers?

its not like stock where its 20-22ish right?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
what ipw is maxxing for 65#ers?

its not like stock where its 20-22ish right?

there is a formula for it, and IPW is time, so 20-22 will be the same whether it is 10lb injectors, or 500 lb injectors :)....

Formula is:

IDC = (IPW * rpm) / 1200

So @6500rpm (i'm assuming your shift point is around here) 18.47ms is 100% duty cycke

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
there is a formula for it, and IPW is time, so 20-22 will be the same whether it is 10lb injectors, or 500 lb injectors :)....

Formula is:

IDC = (IPW * rpm) / 1200

So @6500rpm (i'm assuming your shift point is around here) 18.47ms is 100% duty cycke

wow, so hes maxxing those injectors on that high of an AF, damn... and I just thought phat's turbo maxxing his with a turbo was insane!

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover

Formula is:

IDC = (IPW * rpm) / 1200

Thanks for the formula. I plugged it into my last run log. I was at 100% IDC at 5600 RPM which is where it started to lean out up top (ran it too 6100 RPM.) I was at 80% IDC at 4700RPM. :hsugh:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
It'll command more than 100% though. My car commanded almost 120% last year on the dry shot. Phatride was in the 110-115 range :rofl: still held 11.8 AFR all the way to it's attempted shift points :rofl: His trans HATES him.

Yeah, 120% is great untill they stick open, I think it is called going static... which isn't good

Nealoc187

slow
Jul 24, 2008
DG, IL
Real Name
Neal
Most injectors go static above about 90-92%, some can make it to about 94-95% before going static, depending upon their lag time. greater than 100% IDC is impossible. Your engine management might say that number because that's what it calculates it needs, but its impossible to have something be open more than 100% of the time obviously.

Once your injectors go static they are open all the time (or partially open, the coil hasn't had time to close fully before being energized to open again). This is a bad situation since you'll overheat the coil and fail the injector pretty quickly if you do it too much.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, 120% is great untill they stick open, I think it is called going static... which isn't good

Actually static is over 23ipw's which he wasn't too near yet. he was in the low 21's. Plenty of room to go. :bigthumb: plus we were all over the WB which stayed right at 11.8 like we wanted :smile: And my car was at 22.7, which was close and probably the reason for melted plugs but hey, gotta start somewhere right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info