3800 dyno numbers

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
On saterday i had my car dyno'ed at DID in crest hill. It was thier free dyno day so me and a friend went thier just see what we would put down. MY friend went first he has a 02 lightning his numbers were 385hp/524tq. With the mods in my sig i got 234hp/223tq???:confused: It was a mustang dyno so i know that it would be a little higher #'s on a dynojet. But does that sound right? I was kinda disappointed in my numbers.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yup, that's way low. I betcha you just need timing and boost. If it were me, I'd shoot for 20 degrees at WOT with an 11.8 AFR. That pulley is a little big for that set-up, you should be able to run a 2.9" no problem. The low TQ tells me the car is very rich.

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
Sounds like u Need one of thoes Magic Ron Vogel Tunes :p ;)
[/b]

lol i know... i have a 2.8 in my backseat, doing a lot of help back their i know. I need to get it tuned. Here's the dyno sheet. Like i said earlier i was very disappointed.
johnsthing.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
well mine was way lower that I planned to.. When I went I got 237WHP and tq was 246.9.. Then when I brought my tuner to my dyno guy he tweaked it a lil bit and we got 256Whp so I was a bit happier.. I was also able to drop to a 3.2.. My trans doesnt like it.. Soon it will have to be replaced..

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
Mike he has the pacesetter headers w/ catless down pipe and SLP Cat back
[/b]

Thanks Bob. I have pacersetter headers and slp loudmouth. And as for a tuner i do not have one.... It has not been tuned for what i have installed on it now. I have installed the 3.0, intercooler,headers,rockers and valve springs with the same tune i had for just a 3.4. I have not drove it much since all that stuff was put on. Im looking into getting a scanner next. Any ideas whats going on with those numbers? Thanks

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
Mike he has the pacesetter headers w/ catless down pipe and SLP Cat back
[/b]

Thanks Bob. I have pacersetter headers and slp loudmouth. And as for a tuner i do not have one.... It has not been tuned for what i have installed on it now. I have installed the 3.0, intercooler,headers,rockers and valve springs with the same tune i had for just a 3.4. I have not drove it much since all that stuff was put on. Im looking into getting a scanner next. Any ideas whats going on with those numbers? Thanks
[/b][/quote]

DAM I didnt know you had all that.. Once you get it tuned right your #'s are going Up...

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Is a stock motor worth having tuned to get a little more out of it?
[/b]

It wouldnt hurt. With an aftermarket PCM, you can even (stock) benefit from better fueling, and crisper shifts, and thats from a one size fits all tune. So a custom (just for your car) tune would benefit you moreso than just an aftermarket PCM, not much, but it all depends on the cost and who the tuner is. But like I said, you will notice a difference, but not nearly as much as John will, especially from all the work he's done to his car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info