Dying injector?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Having an intermittent problem with a misfire. Car runs and drives fine on cold start, but on hot restarts it misfires as soon as I start it, and SES flashes when driving. Had my codes checked, had a code for cyl 4 injector and cyl 4 misfire. Oh and EVAP too (also have intermittent "check gas cap" message). I got my voltmeter out and see voltage for the pulse, but found no ohms from the injector when hot. When I check it cold I get around 13-14 ohms.

Is it common for an injector to die like that when hot? What is a suitable replacement injector? It's an all stock 04 GTPCG and from what I read it's a 33# stock.

Having an intermittent problem with a misfire. Car runs and drives fine on cold start, but on hot restarts it misfires as soon as I start it, and SES flashes when driving. Had my codes checked, had a code for cyl 4 injector and cyl 4 misfire. Oh and EVAP too (also have intermittent "check gas cap" message). I got my voltmeter out and see voltage for the pulse, but found no ohms from the injector when hot. When I check it cold I get around 13-14 ohms.

Is it common for an injector to die like that when hot? What is a suitable replacement injector? It's an all stock 04 GTPCG and from what I read it's a 33# stock.

Make a trip to the junkyard and just get another stock injector unless you're looking to replace the whole set/upgrade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info