duramax

Attachments

• duramax003.jpg
    duramax003.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 109
injectors were done under warranty at rockenbach at i think 75k, i went with a really really safe tune(dont have an extra 4g's for a new tranny), i just got the hypertech max energy, i think its a 60hp tune, woke the truck up compared to stock plus i gained a couple of mpg after cranking the t-bars and putting on the h2's, getting around 19-21 hand calc'ed doing 75+

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am mainly looking at duramax's... lb7s are more my pricerange- but the injector deal kind of eeks me out a lil bit... lly would be okay with me too... but at that point- i figure wait around and find an lbz i like... 6 speed allison would be pretty nifty.

lb7s are cool tho to me just from the fuel mileage that they seem to get is so much better than newer models- as well as performance potential seems greater.

ive basically decided tho if i do get one- and get one out of injector warranty- and one or 3 or something of them go bad- ill just do them myself. ive read write ups on how to do them and stuff, and while time consuming, and the need of that special injector removal tool- i think i could do it for sure.

your injector warranty is set to expire this year or did it already? isnt it 7 years/200k miles... ?

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Nice truck! Care to line up with my Powerjoke? Stock intake, stock size exhaust piping, etc. I've been wanting to race a D-max with similar mods can't find any your pretty close. The fuel filters every 10k, 2-stroke in the oil, and high volume stations is the best way to treat the truck! Also running full synthetic oil is always a good thing. I'm not sure what oil the Duramax runs on but my truck runs 15W40 stock, I switched to Rotella T 5W40 Full Synthetic + the 2-stroke and my injector cackle went down was kind of nice. :)

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
i run mobil one turbo diesel truck 5-40 fully synthetic. yeah we will have to line up sometime soon although u will prolly beat me, my truck isnt fast, need a bigger tune

Good stuff what intervals are you doing on your oil 5k? I do an oil change every 5k and fuel filters every 10k, I drain my fuel/water separator every oil change as well. I add 1 oz of 2-stroke to 1 gallon of fuel and she runs good. I don't have a big tune in my truck either the 6.0 wouldn't last at all if I did that Stock truck FTL!!!

Thread Info