duramax

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
oil change every 10k, waiting for my oil analysis to come back to see if there is any excess wear going on. what tune u got in ur powerchoke?

I have an SCT SF3 flash tuner, with custom tunes inside it I have access to 4 tunes at a time but I have to turn it off and reflash. I got the preloaded strategy tune from SCT JUNK, My tow tune JUNK (accept for towing) My street tune (slow), and my Xtreme Street tune (slow IMHO) currently uploaded in it right now. I have many other tunes but that's whats in there right now.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Nice truck! Care to line up with my Powerjoke? Stock intake, stock size exhaust piping, etc. I've been wanting to race a D-max with similar mods can't find any your pretty close. The fuel filters every 10k, 2-stroke in the oil, and high volume stations is the best way to treat the truck! Also running full synthetic oil is always a good thing. I'm not sure what oil the Duramax runs on but my truck runs 15W40 stock, I switched to Rotella T 5W40 Full Synthetic + the 2-stroke and my injector cackle went down was kind of nice. :)
FYI Rotella T is gone. Its called T6 now and it's supposed to be low emissions compliant. Hopefully it's not changed too much...I've got it in my car right now...

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
FYI Rotella T is gone. Its called T6 now and it's supposed to be low emissions compliant. Hopefully it's not changed too much...I've got it in my car right now...

I have a bunch of the original stuff at my work that I add-ordered just chilling in the back but it moves fast! Man going 10k drain intervals is a loooong time. But good thing you got an oil analysis so you know whats going on. I couldn't tell you how much HP the Xtreme Street tune gives they don't rate it in HP just the most nasty street tune available but Xtreme street is around 150HP from what I understand and Xtreme Race is 240ish w/ locked converter 1-5th gear upon WOT.

Thread Info