duramax

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
:fy:

anything done to it other than the tune/exhaust? how many miles you got?

OP
duramax302

duramax302

IBEW
Reaction score
got it with 45k 2 1/2 yrs ago and now its got 124k, nothing else is really done to it, i would like to do a cognito leveling kit with bisteins, of course i would like to throw a mike l tranny in it with a big tune, but i dont have a money tree sitting out back

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
those cognito kits are sick. i really like how they make the trucks sit, as well as how they actually function

have you had injector issues at all with the lb7?

who's or what tune do you have on it now?

OP
duramax302

duramax302

IBEW
Reaction score
injectors were done under warranty at rockenbach at i think 75k, i went with a really really safe tune(dont have an extra 4g's for a new tranny), i just got the hypertech max energy, i think its a 60hp tune, woke the truck up compared to stock plus i gained a couple of mpg after cranking the t-bars and putting on the h2's, getting around 19-21 hand calc'ed doing 75+

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
God I want that.

I graduate in 6 weeks. then its truck time for me.

I have been just reading and reading and learning and shit.

your truck is awesome. looks great too.

OP
duramax302

duramax302

IBEW
Reaction score
thanks man, r u looking at just duramax's or everything else too? i really like the lb7 but the injectors going out again loom over me just a lil bit since im outta warranty, im just trying to be really good to them by changing the fuel filter every 10k, putting some 2 stroke oil in every tank, and buying fuel at high traffic stations

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am mainly looking at duramax's... lb7s are more my pricerange- but the injector deal kind of eeks me out a lil bit... lly would be okay with me too... but at that point- i figure wait around and find an lbz i like... 6 speed allison would be pretty nifty.

lb7s are cool tho to me just from the fuel mileage that they seem to get is so much better than newer models- as well as performance potential seems greater.

ive basically decided tho if i do get one- and get one out of injector warranty- and one or 3 or something of them go bad- ill just do them myself. ive read write ups on how to do them and stuff, and while time consuming, and the need of that special injector removal tool- i think i could do it for sure.

your injector warranty is set to expire this year or did it already? isnt it 7 years/200k miles... ?

OP
duramax302

duramax302

IBEW
Reaction score
this past december they expired. if you want to take it out for a drive let me know. i live in the palatine area

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Id love to- Once I get my prix running well again I'll rip down there in it, and you can take it for a rip after I drive your truck.

its turbo just like your truck. :bigthumb:

OP
duramax302

duramax302

IBEW
Reaction score
nice, i used to have an 01 special edition couple like yours, but no turbo, ur prix is really nice. id like to see how it is driving with a tinted windshield, i already got 5% over the factory privacy tint and on the front 2 and was thinking of doing the windshield @50%

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
thanks dude.

my windshield is at 35%... its not bad at all. ill cruise down there soon for sure- i got to school in schaumburg/chicago so cruising through palatine area happens quite often.

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
Big Big fan of the Durmax diesels. Are you going to build it after it finishes its use as the daily driver? That can easily be an 12 or even an 11 sec truck.

XxApollynxX

Reaction score
Nice truck! Care to line up with my Powerjoke? Stock intake, stock size exhaust piping, etc. I've been wanting to race a D-max with similar mods can't find any your pretty close. The fuel filters every 10k, 2-stroke in the oil, and high volume stations is the best way to treat the truck! Also running full synthetic oil is always a good thing. I'm not sure what oil the Duramax runs on but my truck runs 15W40 stock, I switched to Rotella T 5W40 Full Synthetic + the 2-stroke and my injector cackle went down was kind of nice. :)

OP
duramax302

duramax302

IBEW
Reaction score
i run mobil one turbo diesel truck 5-40 fully synthetic. yeah we will have to line up sometime soon although u will prolly beat me, my truck isnt fast, need a bigger tune

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would drive that in a heartbeat.

XxApollynxX

Reaction score
i run mobil one turbo diesel truck 5-40 fully synthetic. yeah we will have to line up sometime soon although u will prolly beat me, my truck isnt fast, need a bigger tune
Good stuff what intervals are you doing on your oil 5k? I do an oil change every 5k and fuel filters every 10k, I drain my fuel/water separator every oil change as well. I add 1 oz of 2-stroke to 1 gallon of fuel and she runs good. I don't have a big tune in my truck either the 6.0 wouldn't last at all if I did that Stock truck FTL!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom