Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act (H.R.367)

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I got an email from the ISRA this morning and I figured we didn't have a thread on it.

Congressmen Jeff Duncan (SC) and Congressmen John Carter (TX) have introduced the "The Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act" (H.R.367) in the U.S. House of Representatives. H.R. 367 would remove suppressors from the National Firearms Act, thereby eliminating the $200 transfer fee and other ridiculous burdens on law abiding citizens. Suppressors do not "silence" the discharge of firearms, nor do they stop the sound of the operation of the firearm of the supersonic crack associated with the bullet. What they do is protect the hearing of shooters and others from high decibels, which damage hearing. I recommend supporting this bill at the proper time. I will let you know.
The ASA, American Suppressor Association also details the act as well as provides a form to submit for your representative:

Support the Hearing Protection Act

Let's make suppressors great again.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Your message for "Urge your Representative to support the Hearing Protection Act!" was sent on 01/12/2017 11:02 AM to the following recipients: Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL), Rep. Randy Hultgren (R-IL), Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)
Thank you for taking the time to contact your lawmakers regarding the Hearing Protection Act.

OP
Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
For those interested, you can also edit the response and add in/change what you want to say.

I also just realized we got fucking Duckworth elected. It's going to be a very steep uphill climb to even get the thought of our elected "representatives" to support this bill. But do it regardless god damnit.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I voted against each one of these disasters, but emailed anyways.

Your message for "Urge your Representative to support the Hearing Protection Act!" was sent on 01/12/2017 11:18 AM to the following recipients: Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL), Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)
Thank you for taking the time to contact your lawmakers regarding the Hearing Protection Act.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
For those interested, you can also edit the response and add in/change what you want to say.

I also just realized we got fucking Duckworth elected. It's going to be a very steep uphill climb to even get the thought of our elected "representatives" to support this bill. But do it regardless god damnit.
Kirk wouldn't have voted for this anyways. Really a moot point. Not that I voted for Kirk either.

Ed:

Signed, thanks for the heads up! This happening would be a complete 180 of what I thought would happen in 2017. I wanna be ordering freeze plugs and a mag lite to celebrate!

OP
Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wow, Ol' Dick actually responded (I know it's probably an auto-response but a response nontheless) to my email sent from the ASA.

Dear Mr. Gibson:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Hearing Protection Act of 2015 (S. 2236). I appreciate hearing from you.

Introduced by Senator Mike Crapo of Idaho, the Hearing Protection Act would eliminate the tax paid to lawfully transfer a firearm silencer. Under current law, a person buying a silencer is subject to a $200 transfer tax and an application process for transfer and registration with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The bill would make it easier for a person to buy a silencer. It also would preempt state or local laws that tax or regulate silencers.

The Hearing Protection Act was referred to the Senate Finance Committee on November 4, 2015. Although I am not a member of this committee, I will keep your views in mind if this bill receives further consideration in the Senate.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to stay in touch.
It's not a flat out no but still typical side stepping. I'm aware of what it does and why I sent it, no need to reiterate. But regardless, it's cool to hear back from representatives.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I really, really, really hope this passes. The $200 tax stamp + ~$75 transfer is ridiculous

I bought my first suppressor a couple months ago and I'm hoping to be able to use it this summer >:-l

OP
Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
No. IL is one of 12(?) states that outright ban suppressors, period. No surprise there, though.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
& we'll need IL to legalize them for the Duncan-Carter act to even matter in this madigan dictatorship shithole of a state

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
i don't get the constant bitching about this state, yet people choose to continue living here

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
i don't get the constant bitching about this state, yet people choose to continue living here
Family for me. I'm from a big, close family and so is my wife. If it weren't family...my wife and I would both rather live somewhere else...but its hard to give up a close family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom