• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dumb question of the morning… about rear wheels

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
Ok, sorry if this question rates a 10 on the dumbest question scale…

This morning when I was leaving for work I noticed that the driver’s side rear tire seems to stick out a little more than the passenger side. I didn’t have time to get out any verify this with measurements… But it would seem that it does stick out a little more than the passenger side.. Is this normal?? Or do I have an issue with the new rims and tires I had installed a couple months ago… FR500 18x10 305/35/18 Nitto DR on the rear, or is it an alignment problem as I also had the car lowered with HR Springs and added the polyurethane isolators, (the car was aligned after it was lowered)

Note: the car only has 2700 miles on it I hardly drive it, it spends most of the time under a cover and I had the cover off this weekend so I could move some things around in the garage and install the MGW shifter just haven’t had the time to put the cover back on..

Car is a 20003 Cobra

Any input would be greatly appreciated…

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
First off check the tire pressue.

There is many reports of people having un even wheel heights and other wheel issues after the install of lowering springs. I think this is manly due to the fact that people don't install the springs in the same position at every wheel.

Again, the alignment could be off.

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info