• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Duckboat Capsizes in Branson MO - At Least 13 Dead

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A duckboat capsized in a sudden squall near Branson MO. today. Reports are saying 13 dead and 4 missing including children.

An amphibious tour boat carrying 31 people sank in a furious squall on a southwestern Missouri lake Thursday evening, leaving at least 13 people dead -- including children -- and four others missing, officials said.

The Ride the Ducks Branson duck boat capsized and sank on Table Rock Lake near Branson during a storm that "came out of nowhere," said Jim Pattison Jr., president of the business's parent company.
Divers resumed a search for the missing Friday morning, but it "doesn't look very good for survival," Missouri Gov. Mike Parson told CNN's "New Day."
Video shows the last moments before the duck boat sinks in Missouri
Video shows the last moments before the duck boat sinks in Missouri
"Right now, it's a recovery effort," Parson said.
Fourteen people survived, with an off-duty deputy who was working security helping to rescue people, Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said.
Video in link:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/us/branson-duck-boat-sinking-video/index.html

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
fucking terrible. RIP

that lake is no joke.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
those boats are no joke, even the military probably says D day was the first and last day they'd step foot in them :rofl:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember that life jackets weren't required when I went on one of those. Though nobody suspects those things would ever capsize. Even good swimmers might not survive a boat capsizing if you get trapped under the boat and become disoriented.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Sad as hell. That looks scary as hell being on that boat with that rough of water.

The Monday morning QB in me honestly thinks I would have grabbed a life jacket and jumped ship when the water was getting almost to the windows.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
Holy shit that video!! I can see why people would drown in that scenario. It would be very difficult to swim out of that boat once it submerged.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fucking horrible. People on vacation enjoying themselves

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember that life jackets weren't required when I went on one of those. Though nobody suspects those things would ever capsize. Even good swimmers might not survive a boat capsizing if you get trapped under the boat and become disoriented.
i mean... can you think of a commercial boat situation where life jackets are required :rofl: come on.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't all those touristy speed boats in Chicago require the riders to wear them?

The Seadog or whatever they're called.

Nevermind, found a few pictures, no one is wearing them.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
fuck. those duck were giving it all they had and were going nowhere. very sad.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't all those touristy speed boats in Chicago require the riders to wear them?

The Seadog or whatever they're called.
I think you may have thought of the one that might require them :rofl:

much much different setup there though of course.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i think typical commercial vessels basically just tell you where they are and how to access them in case shit hits the fan.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't know what conditions were like in the boat so I don't want to 2nd guess but, once the weather started to pick up would have been the time to get everyone in life jackets.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Part of me thinks this storm "INSTANTLY" presented itself.. the other part thinks the idiot captains should have checked and monitored the weather more closely and made an executive decision to call it off due to weather?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't know what conditions were like in the boat so I don't want to 2nd guess but, once the weather started to pick up would have been the time to get everyone in life jackets.
seriously man...? then what?

not like this thing would be easy to get out of wearing a life jacket or not once the thing really started taking on water.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Part of me thinks this storm "INSTANTLY" presented itself.. the other part thinks the idiot captains should have checked and monitored the weather more closely and made an executive decision to call it off due to weather?
yeah i really dont think you can call names here at all man.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Ya we can let the facts come out. This wouldn't be news if it were a lone guy chancing it and sinking his own rig.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Please do not argue nautical with Mr yaj

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Pilots and Captains have the same responsibility when they are commercial and have others lives at stake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom