DSG in Naperville

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
MACHWON said:
I saw a sick DSG cobra 03/04 exiting 88 and heading south on Naper blvd. The car had some sweet black rims with chrome lip and a nice sounding exhaust. Does anyone know who this is? I am looking for exhaust and want to know what kind he was running.

Hey man... if you were the red Mach w/ black stripe, that was me... I've got Borla Stingers and MAC Cat'd Prochamber H-pipe. Just got the mid-pipe re-alligned yesterday b/c I couldn't get it on very well in the driveway and had terrible exhaust leaks. I've gotta get my brother-in-law to drive it around the block so I can get a listen. How'd it sound? :cool2:

The wheels are the black DD FR500's.

Where you at in Naperville?

MACHWON

May 9, 2006
HAHA Thats awesome man. Small world. I was in the Mach. I just got it on Saturday. We were side by side coming off 88, I didn't look over until it was too late. I was trying to catch up to you but got screwed by grandma in her towncar and the stop light off diehl. Sounds awesome man, I heard you gun it under the 88 bridge. I have been looking at the stingers as well. Id like to hear them again sometime. I am off chicago ave and naper blvd. Where in DG are you?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
MACHWON said:
HAHA Thats awesome man. Small world. I was in the Mach. I just got it on Saturday. We were side by side coming off 88, I didn't look over until it was too late. I was trying to catch up to you but got screwed by grandma in her towncar and the stop light off diehl. Sounds awesome man, I heard you gun it under the 88 bridge. I have been looking at the stingers as well. Id like to hear them again sometime. I am off chicago ave and naper blvd. Where in DG are you?

I actually just sold my townhouse in DG and am living w/ my in-laws in Glendale Heights until my house in Plainfield is finished in August... (get all that? LOL!)

I work at Lucent right on Warrenville and Naperville Rd. (not FOR Lucent, but they run our software there and I support them). I'm usually in the area at least 3 days a week, so I'm sure we'll run into each other again. Underpasses are fun w/ the exhaust... especially when you're next to someone on a cell phone and their window down. :lmao:

MACHWON

May 9, 2006
DSG03COBRA said:
I actually just sold my townhouse in DG and am living w/ my in-laws in Glendale Heights until my house in Plainfield is finished in August... (get all that? LOL!)

I work at Lucent right on Warrenville and Naperville Rd. (not FOR Lucent, but they run our software there and I support them). I'm usually in the area at least 3 days a week, so I'm sure we'll run into each other again. Underpasses are fun w/ the exhaust... especially when you're next to someone on a cell phone and their window down. :lmao:

Is your name Carl?

MACHWON

May 9, 2006
Wiked03 said:
He wishes!!

Actually I am Carl, and I have a car that looks VERY similar (only better :p )

:biggthump

haha yeah I thought maybe it was you. Cars do look very similar. I went to high school with your wife. She told me about this site. What kind of tint do you have on yours? % wise? Do you ever get pulled over? I was thinking of tinting the backs limo and going with a higher % on the fronts to keep the cops off my back. I know it is illegal to have any % tint up front, but I think it would look gay with just the backs tinted. What are your thoughts? I wanted to post this in the general forum but it says my IP has been banned?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
MACHWON said:
haha yeah I thought maybe it was you. Cars do look very similar. I went to high school with your wife. She told me about this site. What kind of tint do you have on yours? % wise? Do you ever get pulled over? I was thinking of tinting the backs limo and going with a higher % on the fronts to keep the cops off my back. I know it is illegal to have any % tint up front, but I think it would look gay with just the backs tinted. What are your thoughts? I wanted to post this in the general forum but it says my IP has been banned?

Mine is 20% on the rear 3 and 35% on the sides. I got pulled over for no front plate, and the cop told me the tint was illegal but he didn't ticket me for it. Had the tint on for a little over a year so far.

Not sure why it would say your banned... you don't show up in the banned users list. Do you use AOL?

Thread Info

• MACHWON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list