DSG in Naperville

MACHWON

Reaction score
I saw a sick DSG cobra 03/04 exiting 88 and heading south on Naper blvd. The car had some sweet black rims with chrome lip and a nice sounding exhaust. Does anyone know who this is? I am looking for exhaust and want to know what kind he was running.

DSG03COBRA

Reaction score
MACHWON said:
I saw a sick DSG cobra 03/04 exiting 88 and heading south on Naper blvd. The car had some sweet black rims with chrome lip and a nice sounding exhaust. Does anyone know who this is? I am looking for exhaust and want to know what kind he was running.
Hey man... if you were the red Mach w/ black stripe, that was me... I've got Borla Stingers and MAC Cat'd Prochamber H-pipe. Just got the mid-pipe re-alligned yesterday b/c I couldn't get it on very well in the driveway and had terrible exhaust leaks. I've gotta get my brother-in-law to drive it around the block so I can get a listen. How'd it sound? :cool2:

The wheels are the black DD FR500's.

Where you at in Naperville?

OP
MACHWON

MACHWON

Reaction score
HAHA Thats awesome man. Small world. I was in the Mach. I just got it on Saturday. We were side by side coming off 88, I didn't look over until it was too late. I was trying to catch up to you but got screwed by grandma in her towncar and the stop light off diehl. Sounds awesome man, I heard you gun it under the 88 bridge. I have been looking at the stingers as well. Id like to hear them again sometime. I am off chicago ave and naper blvd. Where in DG are you?

DSG03COBRA

Reaction score
MACHWON said:
HAHA Thats awesome man. Small world. I was in the Mach. I just got it on Saturday. We were side by side coming off 88, I didn't look over until it was too late. I was trying to catch up to you but got screwed by grandma in her towncar and the stop light off diehl. Sounds awesome man, I heard you gun it under the 88 bridge. I have been looking at the stingers as well. Id like to hear them again sometime. I am off chicago ave and naper blvd. Where in DG are you?
I actually just sold my townhouse in DG and am living w/ my in-laws in Glendale Heights until my house in Plainfield is finished in August... (get all that? LOL!)

I work at Lucent right on Warrenville and Naperville Rd. (not FOR Lucent, but they run our software there and I support them). I'm usually in the area at least 3 days a week, so I'm sure we'll run into each other again. Underpasses are fun w/ the exhaust... especially when you're next to someone on a cell phone and their window down. :lmao:

OP
MACHWON

MACHWON

Reaction score
DSG03COBRA said:
I actually just sold my townhouse in DG and am living w/ my in-laws in Glendale Heights until my house in Plainfield is finished in August... (get all that? LOL!)

I work at Lucent right on Warrenville and Naperville Rd. (not FOR Lucent, but they run our software there and I support them). I'm usually in the area at least 3 days a week, so I'm sure we'll run into each other again. Underpasses are fun w/ the exhaust... especially when you're next to someone on a cell phone and their window down. :lmao:

Is your name Carl?

OP
MACHWON

MACHWON

Reaction score
Wiked03 said:
He wishes!!

Actually I am Carl, and I have a car that looks VERY similar (only better :p )

:biggthump
haha yeah I thought maybe it was you. Cars do look very similar. I went to high school with your wife. She told me about this site. What kind of tint do you have on yours? % wise? Do you ever get pulled over? I was thinking of tinting the backs limo and going with a higher % on the fronts to keep the cops off my back. I know it is illegal to have any % tint up front, but I think it would look gay with just the backs tinted. What are your thoughts? I wanted to post this in the general forum but it says my IP has been banned?

DSG03COBRA

Reaction score
Wiked03 said:
He wishes!!

Actually I am Carl, and I have a car that looks VERY similar (only better :p )

:biggthump

Yeah, very similar, but mine has the spoiler (and looks better :p )...so does that mean my ass is bigger???? :dunno: Oh, and the name is Matt...

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
MACHWON said:
haha yeah I thought maybe it was you. Cars do look very similar. I went to high school with your wife. She told me about this site. What kind of tint do you have on yours? % wise? Do you ever get pulled over? I was thinking of tinting the backs limo and going with a higher % on the fronts to keep the cops off my back. I know it is illegal to have any % tint up front, but I think it would look gay with just the backs tinted. What are your thoughts? I wanted to post this in the general forum but it says my IP has been banned?
Mine is 20% on the rear 3 and 35% on the sides. I got pulled over for no front plate, and the cop told me the tint was illegal but he didn't ticket me for it. Had the tint on for a little over a year so far.

Not sure why it would say your banned... you don't show up in the banned users list. Do you use AOL?

OP
MACHWON

MACHWON

Reaction score
HI Matt I'm Jon. Carl, where did you get your tint done and how much? I refuse to put my front plate on as well. Yeah I am using AOL. That is probably the reason.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
MACHWON said:
HI Matt I'm Jon. Carl, where did you get your tint done and how much? I refuse to put my front plate on as well. Yeah I am using AOL. That is probably the reason.
Actually got my tint done in Naperville. Place is called Express Auto Glass on Ogden. Not the best prices, but the guy does great work and guantees the work for life.

OP
MACHWON

MACHWON

Reaction score
Ball park on price? I have no idea what tint runs these days. 300 for everything? Thinking of just spending it on some exhaust.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
MACHWON said:
Ball park on price? I have no idea what tint runs these days. 300 for everything? Thinking of just spending it on some exhaust.
I think I paid like $225.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom