Driveway Plowing and sidewalk snow blowing

With a newborn and a snow plow, I'm looking to supplement her college fund early by offering snow removal services.

I don't think I'm competing with anyone else on these boards that plow in this area, so I shouldn't be stepping on any toes. I'm primarily servicing Wheaton and immediately surrounding suburbs (So Wheaton, Warrenville, Lombard, Glenn Ellyn, Winfield, Carol Stream, and some northern areas of Naperville).

I can be reached at 630-857-6625 and/or [email protected].

I'm charging probably way less than I should, so please let me know your address and what combination of services you are looking for:

Driveway
Walk-Up (with Ice-Melt)
Sidewalk

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I like this because in absolutely no way are we competing lmao. I'm pretty much Northern Cook, Lake and McHenry County.

I've done it many years ago for a friend, and yea, its one of those services that you absolutely have to do the math for "What's worth the trip". Works out well for at least the two of us because I knew you wouldn't be clearing down by me :jg:.

I had a friend out in Plano ask for a quote for a decent sized residential property, and I told him "Frankly, I'd have to charge nearly $200 just because of the distance and time, while someone local to you may only charge $50!"

Side-Note; My 'route' is only 8 drives right now, so I could easily take on another 4-5 local ones comfortably after the past 2 snowfalls.

gmoir3l.jpg

(My wavy ass driveway and plow)

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I've handled dozens of accounts. So far this season I'm just on an on-call basis. I didn't think I'd be making the change to self employment as quick as I did so I didn't sign any contracts. I'm more of a parking lot/specialty guy with some of my larger equipment. Still have no problem doing the residential drive for a friend or member if they're in the area.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I've handled dozens of accounts. So far this season I'm just on an on-call basis. I didn't think I'd be making the change to self employment as quick as I did so I didn't sign any contracts. I'm more of a parking lot/specialty guy with some of my larger equipment. Still have no problem doing the residential drive for a friend or member if they're in the area.

Since my plow setup is just a residential one, I can't really handle big lots, that and I still have a day job, so its much easier to just have agreements with people so an 'expectation has been set'. I'm leery of juggling multiple commercial accounts with snow removal as a 'one-man show'.

On Topic; are you already clearing anything in/near Vernon Hills? My aunt is up there, and I don't think she has anyone at the moment.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Since my plow setup is just a residential one, I can't really handle big lots, that and I still have a day job, so its much easier to just have agreements with people so an 'expectation has been set'. I'm leery of juggling multiple commercial accounts with snow removal as a 'one-man show'.

On Topic; are you already clearing anything in/near Vernon Hills? My aunt is up there, and I don't think she has anyone at the moment.

Funny you should mention it. I've got a lot out that way that a client wants me to tackle. I didn't sign on because it was so far out of my normal route and he's a cheap bastard. So unfortunately for this year no I don't.

Thread Info