• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Drivetrain slop/ One piece drivehsaft? 2018 GT

SWORN

Addict
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago
So I just did RTR lowering Springs and a lot of suspension work to my 2018 GT auto. Added a BMR diff bushings kit, subframe connectors, BMR cradle bushing kit and the Steeda IRS bushing support kit . When I drive the car I'm getting a lot of drivetrain slop, especially when the car downshifts as in approaching a stop sign. Don't really notice it under load or WOT. It was mentioned on another forum that the stiff rear diff bushings are probably part of the cause. Thinking about going back to the stock ones. It was also told that getting rid of the stock two piece driveshaft would help. I realize that by replacing the stock stuff I got rid of a lot of the play and dampening of the softer parts. Would replacing the stock driveshaft with the one piece unit help get rid of the slop? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! (Car is in storage for the winter and want to have a plan when I take it out in Spring.)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
it should get rid of some slop I think a bit of the felt slop is in the rear end also, I did the same poly motor and trans mounts and a bunch a stiffer stuff in the back, I get drivetrain clunks now all the time, for me its mostly when i let of and give it gas again my driveshaft is fairly shot after all the drag racing on sticky tires though

Reactions: SWORN

SWORN

Addict
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago
it should get rid of some slop I think a bit of the felt slop is in the rear end also, I did the same poly motor and trans mounts and a bunch a stiffer stuff in the back, I get drivetrain clunks now all the time, for me its mostly when i let of and give it gas again my driveshaft is fairly shot after all the drag racing on sticky tires though

Yeah, really hate how all that clunking sounds....Sounds very similair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SWORN
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list