• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Drivers seat question

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
My drivers seat is bent, I am not sure where. Years ago I got into an accident and hit a guardrail in reverse at 65mph... the car spun out on black ice. My seat has been at an angle ever sense.

I was wondering if I can actually repair the seat to straighten it out by replacing something or do I have to replace the whole seat? Do Marauder seats share the same metal parts as Crown Vic seats? The back part is at a slight angle and now that my seat is really wearing out the car hurts my back on long trips.

Anyone recommend a place to refurbish the seat?

Thanks.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
What part of it is bent? Can you see which part it is? I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the Crown Vic sports seats are basically the same as the MM's. Not sure about the other buckets they came with they may be a little different. And bench seats they had I'm pretty sure wouldn't unless its some small part that they used for all the types of seats. If you tell me where to look or get me a pic of it I can look in my Sport and see if it is the same. Then you can broaden your search to include them if looking for the part if it is replaceable.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Yeah like I said I think the Sports are the same and if they are then the MGM LSE's are the same seats too. Hopefully its just a part you can unbolt and bolt a new one in. If it cracked one of the metal supports maybe you can use self tapping metal screws to just hold it in place while searching?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 4DoorBlackTop
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list