Drag radials

JeffsLightning

Reaction score
Looking for thoughts and experience on which drag radial is best for hooking. Longivity is no concern. Keep in mind it has to be a 20" for my setup. Right now I'm between Nitto or the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Tire.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
They feel great on the street. You can give the car a lot more gas off a light. I don't know if it was the already strained axles or the tires, but there is an increase in tire noise...like a humming I noticed.

HellPIG

Reaction score
Do you ever plan to drive in the rain?

I've been daily driving 555r's for a few months now. They have done a great job.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I may try the 555R the next time around. I don't like the idea of getting caught in the rain with these tires on once they have a couple thousand miles. I'm especially nervous about the TCG Tour since there is always a chance to get stuck in the rain over a four day period.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I ran nt05rs on the cobra. Got caught in the rain plenty. Never gave me cause for concern.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I've driven in the rain with the mickeys a couple times with no issues, the ss's are better than the old et streets in the rain

Dennisn

Reaction score
I ran nt05rs on the cobra. Got caught in the rain plenty. Never gave me cause for concern.
I ran these in the rain once. Could not go over 25 mph. It was a white knuckle drive the whole way.

The 555rs aren't bad in the rain but will not get nearly the traction a drag radial will.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
Reaction score
Have not had good luck with my mt et street ss. Going to go back to the toyo TQs or widen the rims for some m&h 345s. TQs were fine in rain until the tread gets low. As with any dr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom