• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical (Draft) 3800/4T80e Master Swap Guide

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Okay thanks. And I apologize for my ignorance here, I'm just concerned now if I cooked my transmission by wiring up a pigtail for a 94-99 and it's actually a 00+. As said, it worked for a short time. Would it have worked at all?
Basically that 'yes/no' question there is also to help me figure out which 'era' my 4T80 is from, and make sure I wire it up properly when I get it back from the builder. If the answer is 'no', then it definitively answers that I have a 94-99. If they answer is 'yes', ... well damn.

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Okay! So after asking Mike (and him understandably looking at me like I'm a dummy), he said that a TCU wired up just to control a 94-99 transmission (so none of the additional wires that were added to the connector by GM), there's not a way for it to control a 00+ 4T80. Our pigtail is effectively 'depopulated' of everything but what the diagram showed we absolutely needed, since we built it from a terminal kit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info