• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Don't buy Eibach

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
This is my third, yes THIRD, set of Eibach Pro-kit shocks that have blown on me. I have tried to go through their supposed "million mile warranty" but all I get is more bullshit. Not to mention the trouble I have had trying to get the Engine retuned by the guy I got the tune file from....

Anyway, I bought a set of these to replace the Eibach stuff, I'm hoping for the best:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...04&autoModClar=&partNum=8750-1025L&perfCode=S

As for the tune, I have been recommended by another member on Focaljet of a guy that does good work. I'm pulling the tune off the car either tonight or tomorrow.

/rant

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Haven't you hit dozens of crater sized potholes? lol

One big one, One I thought was much bigger than it actually was. Only one set failed because of the pothole, to be expected, but the other two failed without any reason.

why dont you go to bob to tune your car?

I haven't heard of Bob tuning many Foci. I'm not doubting his tuning ability at all, but the guy I'm going to is highly regarded in the Focus community for his good tunes.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
what hoops are Eibach making you jump thru?

They don't respond, ever. For the first two sets, I sent in the struts themselves, and the recipets from the installations. I got no response. I called and emailed them and the eventually told me they never got them. I can see that happening once, not twice. Especially when the tracking numbers showed that they arrived. All the while the car was sitting in a shop. So this time, I'm just going with a different company.

Could it be the roads fault, of course. Beyond large potholes, the roads here are of course pretty shitty. But I know of many people much lower than I am, with stiffer setups, that never have a problem. Of course they are usually using something other than Eibach, usually H&R.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
I have used Eibach Spirngs,Shocks and even wheel spacers for years. I have had only 2 issues out of atleast 10 different projects I have had.

About 500 miles into one set of springs.... I noticed it was not squating like the others. My car was leaning higher on one side. Called them and they set out a set the next day. They didnt even ask for the old set back.

Other issue I had was more recent...More of a computer error then anything really.

I ordered a set springs for a IRS and when they arrived, I started to take parts off the car to install the springs ect... I had no idea I had a set for a solid or even knew what the differece would be if I looked at them ect... So after I figued out I had the wrong srpings.... I called them and told them they screwed up and now my car is in pcs on jack stands. The rep was totally understanding and said they would ship me the correct set overnight. They arrived like he said and no other issues. I did send the wrong set back via UPS on their dime as well. Also received a 50.00 credit on any future purchases.

So my experience with Eibach CS and products are not as bad as yours seem to be. While Eibach is not the best you can buy nor the cheapest... I feel they are a good product for a very affordbale price.

Little side note.. Not saying you were rude to them but you get more when your calm and decent to these desk jockeys. Best time to call is 1st thing in the morning. Then CS is fresh and not beat up from hours of bs and complaints.

Hope it gets resolved for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info