Doggie Diner

There's been 2 groups we've been fighting off trying to use corners. One left and gave up, changed their meet spot. The other is we are still having issues with. Pretty much DG police are kicking them out the moment they start to gather there. Its like when it gets around 10 pm they the kids get tired & start acting up revving and blasting music or doing burnouts. They have a Facebook event date as Thursdays.

Honestly i think anywhere by the fox valley mall might be a great place for a TCG hard parking day.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The car show at Cozzi Corner on Tuesdays would be a good choice. That shoe has a good turn out and it isn't the young idiot crowd. So staying later probably wouldn't be a problem.

Augustino's in West Chicago has car shows once a week and might very a good option.

Anywhere by 355 and 88 I'd a good choice. It makes it very easy for anyone to get to. There are a ton of places for food and drinks over there. The holders right there also has a car show on the weekends. Not sure it is every weekend or not. But might be a spot to have a Saturday meet out that way once in a while.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Anywhere by 355 and 88 I'd a good choice. It makes it very easy for anyone to get to. There are a ton of places for food and drinks over there. The holders right there also has a car show on the weekends. Not sure it is every weekend or not. But might be a spot to have a Saturday meet out that way once in a while.

We've been saying that for years :rofl: That's a little "unfair" for the far north people, but that's a pretty central location. Perhaps a bit further north of that even, like 64 or something like that.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
We've been saying that for years :rofl: That's a little "unfair" for the far north people, but that's a pretty central location. Perhaps a bit further north of that even, like 64 or something like that.
I think the map people dropped pins showing their location proved that area is kind of the central location for people on the site. People from that area, and farther, drove to Luke's and didn't complain all the time about it. But seems the people who live close to, or North of, Luke's love to complain about the DG area about being "too far". lol My advise would be to get in your fucking car, drive, enjoy it, and stop complaining. Hahaha I bet those that are out on the highways messing around make it to that area with out complaint. But going there for a meet up so too far? How about people complain less and do more.

No matter where you have a meet it is going to be farther for some and closer for others. People can make the meets they want and skip the ones they don't want to make.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Maybe because the people down south didn't want to go to Luke's? Not just because of the drive either. I know I didn't go to Luke's for the location, most of the people in that lot or the reputation it had. Others probably didn't go there for those reasons.

I also saw people at DD that I didn't see at Luke's. So maybe a more central location would bring more people out. I don't see a issue with having multiple meeting spots through out the week. If the meets out towards Downers don't get attended well then drop them. But for the fee people complaining it is too far with out ever attempting to go are killing anything before it even gets a chance.

I have started on here before that one of the main reasons I went to Luke's, when I could due to work, was the drive up there. I actually hate close events as I want to get out and drive. Not sit in a lot all night long. But maybe others don't enjoy driving their cars like I do? That could be a possibility.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think the map people dropped pins showing their location proved that area is kind of the central location for people on the site. People from that area, and farther, drove to Luke's and didn't complain all the time about it. But seems the people who live close to, or North of, Luke's love to complain about the DG area about being "too far". lol My advise would be to get in your fucking car, drive, enjoy it, and stop complaining. Hahaha I bet those that are out on the highways messing around make it to that area with out complaint. But going there for a meet up so too far? How about people complain less and do more.

No matter where you have a meet it is going to be farther for some and closer for others. People can make the meets they want and skip the ones they don't want to make.

Lukes was nearly an hour and a half drive for me and over 2 hours for Shibby. We did not complain however we only made it out a few times a year. I think that will be the issue. You will have a good turn out a few times but it will drop off.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Again, this is an additional meet up. Not a replacement for Luke's or a meet up that way. Does it matter if it has a smaller turn out than Luke's? I don't think it matters much as long as there is a steady turn out for people who want to go.

I agree that DD isn't the most convenient place to get to. So of you do something off major highways there should be no complaints from people about that. Be it off 355, 88, 90 and so on.

Locations like either of the Top Golf spots would be another place to go once in a while. During the week should have plenty of parking. Gives us a chance to do something, eat, drink and hang out as well. I know people at both locations that could set something up for us. The will not give discounts. But they will set aside bays, parking and what not. Just throwing that out there as an option for a change of pace.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Maybe because the people down south didn't want to go to Luke's? Not just because of the drive either. I know I didn't go to Luke's for the location, most of the people in that lot or the reputation it had. Others probably didn't go there for those reasons.

I also saw people at DD that I didn't see at Luke's. So maybe a more central location would bring more people out. I don't see a issue with having multiple meeting spots through out the week. If the meets out towards Downers don't get attended well then drop them. But for the fee people complaining it is too far with out ever attempting to go are killing anything before it even gets a chance.

I have started on here before that one of the main reasons I went to Luke's, when I could due to work, was the drive up there. I actually hate close events as I want to get out and drive. Not sit in a lot all night long. But maybe others don't enjoy driving their cars like I do? That could be a possibility.

I am posting my experience from hosting TCG meets at various locations throughout the winter. Palatine North, Randall West. Aurora South. It seemed like location didnt matter in relation to where people lived. IMO same thing can be said about the random meets we have over the summer also. What I am getting at is where have a TCG core of members that come out regularly and location should be catered to them.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Again, this is an additional meet up. Not a replacement for Luke's or a meet up that way. Does it matter if it has a smaller turn out than Luke's? I don't think it matters much as long as there is a steady turn out for people who want to go.

I agree that DD isn't the most convenient place to get to. So of you do something off major highways there should be no complaints from people about that. Be it off 355, 88, 90 and so on.

Locations like either of the Top Golf spots would be another place to go once in a while. During the week should have plenty of parking. Gives us a chance to do something, eat, drink and hang out as well. I know people at both locations that could set something up for us. The will not give discounts. But they will set aside bays, parking and what not. Just throwing that out there as an option for a change of pace.

I think the Top Golf area is a great location. Assuming you are talking about Wood Dale. I think somewhere off the 290/355 spit would be a perfect central location. But anywhere off 290/355 between 90 and North Ave would work great. Finding a place right off the highway is key.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You can't use winter meets as a judge for a car club in Chicago. I would drive my Mustang where ever to hang out. I am not going to drive an hour in my better to hang out with you in winter. lol I get there is a big group that went to Luke's. But why can't there be a couple meets a week? One in the Luke's area and one somewhere else? I don't get why that is a problem? It's not like you are forced to go to all of them and baby sit everyone.

I just don't get the negativity trying to get other locations for people to meet. Isn't the point to get more people involved in the events, FB AND the site? If other meets bring other people together what is the issue? You don't like it because it is too far for you and others to get yourselves to drive? Like I said, I didn't want to go to the winter meets. But t I didnt go in their threads and be negative in them because I knew some people would probably want to go and enjoy themselves.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think the Top Golf area is a great location. Assuming you are talking about Wood Dale. I think somewhere off the 290/355 spit would be a perfect central location. But anywhere off 290/355 between 90 and North Ave would work great. Finding a place right off the highway is key.
I an good with either. Wood Dale is fine. But the one in Naperville is newer, nicer, more lounges and a bigger parking lot.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 54
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 48

Thread Info